Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rocking drivers seat

Matt Williams

Matt Williams

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi folks, I have noticed that when I swivel the front drivers seat on my 2017 Ocean the seat pan rocks back and forth slightly. The passenger seat doesn’t. Doesn’t seem to be an issue when driving but really annoying when swivelled. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a easy fix? Dealer 40 miles away so can’t just pop in to ask.

Hi folks, I have noticed that when I swivel the front drivers seat on my 2017 Ocean the seat pan rocks back and forth slightly. The passenger seat doesn’t. Doesn’t seem to be an issue when driving but really annoying when swivelled. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a easy fix? Dealer 40 miles away so can’t just pop in to ask.
Not seen this problem mentioned before.
If handy with spanner’s you could check the bolts for the seat/swivel as per this diagram.
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...881/subcategory/881005/part_id/3683279/lang/e
Otherwise it’s a trip to the Dealers I’m afraid.

We've had the seat pan on the passenger side rock dramatically. Despite the fact it was very lose I couldn't easily see why or how to tighten it up. Took it to the dealer (50 miles away), they fixed it and it has been fine since.

We've had the seat pan on the passenger side rock dramatically. Despite the fact it was very lose I couldn't easily see why or how to tighten it up. Took it to the dealer (50 miles away), they fixed it and it has been fine since.
Thanks Keith I fear I’m going to have to make the trip to the dealer too as I cannot see how to get into the seat to check things.

Slide the seat fully forward and remove the plastic trim and you will see the bolts. seat rail to the seat box.
slide the seat fully back for the front ones.
17mm socket for the back ones and easer with a 17mm ratchet spanner or a ring spanner for the front ones.

Slide the seat fully forward and remove the plastic trim and you will see the bolts. seat rail to the seat box.
slide the seat fully back for the front ones.
17mm socket for the back ones and easer with a 17mm ratchet spanner or a ring spanner for the front ones.
Thanks Gear box Oil I will try it.

Back