Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof access

SteveW

SteveW

VIP Member
Evening all

I've spent the day getting our Cali all ready for a first proper trip away, we're heading off for two weeks around Cornwall on Friday. Anyway all is great and tbh there is a lot more storage space and room than you think :thumb but my main question is how to get my board off the roof rack while out an about ?? It's all well and good loading at home from a hop up or small set of steps but how on earth do I get it off again at the beach ? I don't really want to carry steps with me but short of a hover belt or parking by a wall I'm stumped :headwall

Any tips would be very appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

i'll leave this one to the surf and kayak dude's to answer steve ,but i'm sure there's an aluminum ladder with rubber ends that can be used and also used inside to get up on the top bed .I think they fold up small ,but not seen one

This 2m telescopic ladder (now £50) is one of the most useful things we've bought.

It makes getting up to the roof (to sort out our roof cover or to clean the roof) so much easier - and it doesn't take up too much space in the boot when collapsed.

Best wishes,
Steve

It's really handy around the house as well, you will wonder how ought by without one :thumb

Would anyone have a picture of the telescopic ladder raised and set up against the California ready to access the roof bars. I'm afraid of scratching something or worse!

Back