Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Bars - Thule or VW?

Hi, I have just taken delivery of a T6 ocean and I have fitted the Thule pro bars on the 753 mountings, I canoe regularly and chose the Thule fitted with their Hullavator canoe carrier which has an assisted lift facility which practically lifts the boat on for me, check YouTube for video.
Hi, I know this was some time ago but I'm on the market for a set of roof bars for carrying surf and snowboards on my roof. Thule recommends the 751 on their website. Please could you tell me why you chose the 753 over the 751? Thanks

The 753 looks much better, I think we sell more 753 kits in the shop than we do the 751

Hi, I have just taken delivery of a T6 ocean and I have fitted the Thule pro bars on the 753 mountings, I canoe regularly and chose the Thule fitted with their Hullavator canoe carrier which has an assisted lift facility which practically lifts the boat on for me, check YouTube for video.

Hi Trevor
I am looking at the same system for my T5 SE. do you have any pictures. What width roof bars do you have, the system recommends 135cm probars but would I be better off with 150cm.
How low does the hullavator come, do you still use a step at all?

Regards Craig

127cm combined with 753 looks best, I think the 150cm make it look like a plumbers work van!

Last edited: