Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all
The handle came off in my hand...honest guv! Literally just went to open the shutter and it came away. Looks like it's just supposed to clip back but try as I might it won't play ball. Doesn't look like any damage to either parts. Am I missing a knack or something to get it back together?

IMG_20190616_154906.jpg

IMG_20190616_155507.jpg

IMG_20190616_154929.jpg

Why did you do that?

Can you slide it back together?
If you open the roof, and you lift the bed a little, you can slide out the blind completely to try to get it back together. If you van is still under warranty (2 years), get it back to VW and ask a replacement.

Mine did that - i used a bit of superglue to fix it - lift the bed up and pull the whole shutter out - lay the whole thing on a table and use a small amount of glue to hold - when you slide it back in you will notice that guides keep the parts held together

Thank you. Will give that a go.

This happened to our van and was a bloody nuisance for a long time. Just fixed it a couple of weeks ago using those sticky pads (Command strips) cut to size, one at each end of the front section. it was an interesting exercise taking the whole shutter out. When putting it back in it's easier with the bed slightly lifted - you can wedge it underneath at the sides to hold it in place.

Thank you. Will give that a go.
Hi all
The handle came off in my hand...honest guv! Literally just went to open the shutter and it came away. Looks like it's just supposed to clip back but try as I might it won't play ball. Doesn't look like any damage to either parts. Am I missing a knack or something to get it back together?

View attachment 46338

View attachment 46339

View attachment 46340
I think it is more “ slide in “ than “ clip in “. Shutter needs to be removed.

Back