Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wine cooler latch broken

DavidT

DavidT

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I put the cork back in a 3/4 full bottle of wine and put it in the wine cooler in the centre cooler. Unfortunately during our travels the cork must have became dislodged and it slid up slightly, enough to prevent the cooler from opening again. I tried using a sharp knife to trim off the cork so it would clear the top of the cooler. This was partially successful, but when I gave the handle a further tug it just came off in my hand in pieces!

There is a grey handle, a small black plastic latch (?), and two leaf springs. I think all the bits are there and nothing seems to be broken, but I cannot fathom out how it all goes back together again. There are two screws that hold the latch handle in place, and removing these releases the black plastic holder that the handle fits into it.

Has anyone successfully put one of these back together please? Or does anyone have a diagram of how it goes together?

Thanks in advance.

I put the cork back in a 3/4 full bottle of wine and put it in the wine cooler in the centre cooler. Unfortunately during our travels the cork must have became dislodged and it slid up slightly, enough to prevent the cooler from opening again. I tried using a sharp knife to trim off the cork so it would clear the top of the cooler. This was partially successful, but when I gave the handle a further tug it just came off in my hand in pieces!

There is a grey handle, a small black plastic latch (?), and two leaf springs. I think all the bits are there and nothing seems to be broken, but I cannot fathom out how it all goes back together again. There are two screws that hold the latch handle in place, and removing these releases the black plastic holder that the handle fits into it.

Has anyone successfully put one of these back together please? Or does anyone have a diagram of how it goes together?

Thanks in advance.
Any help, shows the springs etc; Part 30
56AA98A0-3C05-4F8B-AF3D-54B3049C64EC.jpeg

Thanks very much this is very helpful. It looks like I do have all the bits and hopefully I can reassemble. If not at least I now know which part number I will need to order!

Back