Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof canvas

C

Chinny

Hi all I've recently had a California roof fitted to my t5 absolutely love it trying to find out roughly what year van it came from it's got two side windows no front window it's also got what seem to be reinforced strips that make the canvas go where it should when folding in was these standard from day one thanks in advance

Yes the strips are standard. The canvas you describe was fitted from day 1 up until around September 2010

Cheers can you manually lower the roof if need be thanks

Yes the strips are standard. The canvas you describe was fitted from day 1 up until around September 2010

Kev , why just until 2010 , they are the same just until the last T5 now my guess.
Suppose there been some minor changes but as he discribt it , it is like my 2012 ...the front window was an option.

@Chinny , an original hydrolic opertated roof can be lowers thru a emergancy procedure.
Don't know if our afthermarket placed roof got all the bits with it...
Does it have the display at the roof in the center of the cabin where you must operate the roof ?

Kev , why just until 2010 , they are the same just until the last T5 now my guess.
Suppose there been some minor changes but as he discribt it , it is like my 2012 ...the front window was an option.

@Chinny , an original hydrolic opertated roof can be lowers thru a emergancy procedure.
Don't know if our afthermarket placed roof got all the bits with it...
Does it have the display at the roof in the center of the cabin where you must operate the roof ?
No just a rocker switch up and down with a safety switch need to hold both to operate cheers

Ok , so nothing like original .
Lowering in emergency on factory fit means turning a screw on the hydrolic pump witch is located behind the controlpanel in the roof above the mirror....

Guess you have to inform with the people that installed your pop-top.

Back