Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof cleaning & wheelnuts

Patrick T

Patrick T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all, what's the consensus about climbing onto the roof of a Cali to clean and polish it, was possible with my previous conversion as it was a very robust fibreglass (Reimo) roof ?? Also, anyone have a good source to replace the rusty wheel nuts , had considered trying the dealer route as its only just over 3 years old but don't hold much hope for it being done on warranty ??
Ta.

The Aluminium roof has a load capacity of about 50Kgms. A small child maybe.
Wheel nuts - probably better to get the Plastic wheel nut covers. Plenty on eBay, or the Dealer can supply.

Wheel nuts - probably better to get the Plastic wheel nut covers. Plenty on eBay, or the Dealer can supply.
Thanks WG.

Hi all, what's the consensus about climbing onto the roof of a Cali to clean and polish it, was possible with my previous conversion as it was a very robust fibreglass (Reimo) roof ?? Also, anyone have a good source to replace the rusty wheel nuts , had considered trying the dealer route as its only just over 3 years old but don't hold much hope for it being done on warranty ??
Ta.
Don't.

What an excellent idea!

A job for the the grandchildren when they are a bit older. When they complain remind them that less than 200 years ago they would have been sent up chimneys :shocked

What an excellent idea!

A job for the the grandchildren when they are a bit older. When they complain remind them that less than 200 years ago they would have been sent up chimneys :shocked
You just need a 6 plus footer.
What's the problem? I can rent him out for a good rate! Pm for details :D

I weigh in the region of 100kgs and the roof was fine with me up there. Ok I stayed mainly to the edges but it was fine.
Came up well too.

Back