Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof corrosion 5 years after repair

S

Steve syvret

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Hi,
I have a 2012 Cali which had the roof corrosion repaired under warranty in 2017. Unfortunately after 5 years it's back with a vengeance and water on my carpets to add to the insult. Has anyone had this problem as I guess VW are going to tell me to go away.

Hi,
I have a 2012 Cali which had the roof corrosion repaired under warranty in 2017. Unfortunately after 5 years it's back with a vengeance and water on my carpets to add to the insult. Has anyone had this problem as I guess VW are going to tell me to go away.
I wouldn’t have thought the wet carpet would be as a result of the roof corrosion more likely a problem with the roof drains. Unless the repair was the ”mark 2” repair with the plastic cap which have been known to leak.
Good luck with VW, I think they take a step back and say it’s the body shop who have to warranty their work.

I wouldn’t have thought the wet carpet would be as a result of the roof corrosion more likely a problem with the roof drains. Unless the repair was the ”mark 2” repair with the plastic cap which have been known to leak.
Good luck with VW, I think they take a step back and say it’s the body shop who have to warranty their work.
That’s the big problem VW washes their hands of warranty work carried out by their approved body shops. You will find it’s the actual shop that repaired it you would need to contact. Only thing is any warranty is not going to be more than 2 years and 3 years if you were very lucky.
You may have to fork out yourself just like lots of us on here.

Back