Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof profile rubber replacement and corrosion

R

russho

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi can anyone help with advise on removing rubber roof seal and awning side holders please?

I have had my 2008 Cali since 2009 and aware of the roof corrosion issues which are now starting to show on the forward section as well as round the roof profile rubber. Also my holding awning side strip is showing rust round and edge.

i am planning to repair corrosion and also remove and replace the rubber profile as well as the holding strip as i feel the corrosion will be further than just what you can see on the surface.

Has anyone removed replaced rubber profile on the roof and how to remove the awning holding strip and replace. any advise would be very much appreciated

cali side.jpeg

cali rubber.jpeg

cali roof.jpeg

The Elevating Roof edge Seal should just Pull off. Start on a long side in the centre. Roof Raised of course.

The Awning Strip, realistically, needs the Awning to be removed. 2 People required. Open Awning fully. At rear of cassette, towards front and rear, a hole through which you can see a Bolt head holding the Awning cassette to the roof brackets.

Hi Welshgas

once the awning is off, the awning rail on the vehicle will need to come off too, to get to what maybe rusting away on the underside , any ideas?

Hi Welshgas

once the awning is off, the awning rail on the vehicle will need to come off too, to get to what maybe rusting away on the underside , any ideas?

Think the awning rail is partly glued ...