Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof corrosion - again

Tom Rae

Tom Rae

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am interested in purchasing a 2009 California SE. There is no sign of roof corrosion at present however the 6 yr warranty runs out in one month, August 2015. Assuming the VW goodwill has run out too, does anyone have an idea of the cost of rectification should it appear in the future?

various prices but i was told about £4k

John
Thanks John. I did a bit more probing and found the vehicle is registered with VW for warranty replacement roof and front panel, now I hope that the issue is transferrable!

Yes it is transferable, you will need to ask the seller to get a letter from VWCS, you can then take the letter along with the V5 to any VW Commercial dealer and they will put it in your name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Martin and John. Not the ideal first posts for me, hopefully the rest will be positive!

Tom

Do check that you are checking correctly. You need to pull back the rubber trim.

Do check that you are checking correctly. You need to pull back the rubber trim.

Its okay now thanks T4WFA as it is logged with VW for a warranty replacement which is the ideal solution as far as I am concerned.
Tom

Hi

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes from VW confirming your roof needs fixing and comes under this 6 year warranty, and when it actually happens?

Hi jimandcaz I can tell you exactly what it's been for me. My Cali was fully assessed by VW Breeze Poole on 8th April 2014. I am actually now at home waiting for the AA to collect my vehicle to take it to AB Crush today (20th July) for the repairs so in total it's been 65 weeks and 5 days!
I could have had it done about 6 weeks ago had I opted to not have a courtesy California.
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

It was 60 weeks for me from the VW letter of confirmation to delivery back from the bodyshop this week. Let's hope they speed up as they get further down the queue!

Hi jimandcaz I can tell you exactly what it's been for me. My Cali was fully assessed by VW Breeze Poole on 8th April 2014. I am actually now at home waiting for the AA to collect my vehicle to take it to AB Crush today (20th July) for the repairs so in total it's been 65 weeks and 5 days!
I could have had it done about 6 weeks ago had I opted to not have a courtesy California.
So got my Cali back today so it was away for a total of 14 days. It came back and everything seems perfect. Cannot tell if it's a brand new roof or been sprayed but it's 100% perfect. New canvas fitted too and everything works as it should. Funny this is the AA took off and left me with the courtesy Cali rather than take it in his empty recovery truck so got two on my driveway this evening ;-D what will the neighbours think??

So got my Cali back today so it was away for a total of 14 days. It came back and everything seems perfect. Cannot tell if it's a brand new roof or been sprayed but it's 100% perfect. New canvas fitted too and everything works as it should. Funny this is the AA took off and left me with the courtesy Cali rather than take it in his empty recovery truck so got two on my driveway this evening ;-D what will the neighbours think??

Mine arrived back yesterday away for only 9 days. They replace the front panel and bellows/canvas but only repair the roof. I paid an extra £200 to have all the bumps repaired. But good as new now and it's never been as clean.

Three days after getting my Cali back and guess what, the free courtesy California is still here and hey I'm using it too! I'm not complaining but one would have thought it would be in great demand with so many others waiting for their roof repairs !!

Still waiting for a date for mine.
It's well over a year now since it was registered, I do have a letter from VWCS ( after much hassle) stating that repairs will still be carried out even if the the warranty has expired and will be done for a new owner should the van be sold in the meantime.
I rang them again today for an update and I'm still waiting for the "person in charge of roof repairs" to call me back.!
I've never had any communication returned yet ! I'll ring them again tomorrow :mad:

Three days after getting my Cali back and guess what, the free courtesy California is still here and hey I'm using it too! I'm not complaining but one would have thought it would be in great demand with so many others waiting for their roof repairs !!

It's now 13th and believe it or not, the courtesy California is still on my drive despite phoning vw uk plus speaking to my local vw dealer!! That's nigh on 2 weeks after getting my Cali back from the body repair centre !!!!

Have you thought of Hiring it out?:)

Ive thought of all sorts Inc swapping out the full leather interior and the 4motion drive transmission!!! lol :-D

It's now 13th and believe it or not, the courtesy California is still on my drive despite phoning vw uk plus speaking to my local vw dealer!! That's nigh on 2 weeks after getting my Cali back from the body repair centre !!!!
Hurrah!! 18th August and they have finally come and taken away the courtesy California. That's 3 whole weeks and 1 day after my Cali was returned back from having its roof repair. Was great for me as I put 500 miles on theirs rather than mine, I am just wondering what unfortunate owner waiting for their roof repair work to be done was not given a courtesy vehicle????

Back