Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof hatch gap

I'm still driving round tesco car park to find the space with no cars within half a mile...my wife is not that happy at the walk...hopefully I will chill out about it one day..dreading having to park next to another vehicle!!! :)
Wait until you make the wrong turn in an historic French town and find yourself going down a very narrow street and have this conversation:

Passenger: "your mirror is touching the wall this side!"
Driver: "So is my mirror this side!"

A short street in metres, a very long street in stress level.

Just back from first trip away (5 nights in West Runton). Noticed this gap at the rear of the hatch cover and the headliner on the way home. I might be imagining things but I don’t remember it being that big. Is this normal or has something fallen?

When look back into the gap you can see the bed springs.

It’s a Coast but presumably the same on an Ocean.

View attachment 79536
There is a hex screw on both sdes on top of the front side of the bed which hold the liner in place. Loosen both and push the liner up in the middle. While holding it in place, tighten both screws. Don't pull the bed down by the liner but reach up to the bed frame to pull it down.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot lot better, it’s not just mine then.

I might just need to chill out about it. I’m doing exactly what you describe and obsessing about it. I’m so keen to have everything perfect that I am obsessing about every little detail.
You’ll get to a point when you stop obsessing about everything staying pristine and then you can start really enjoying the van and your trips. It’s normal to feel a bit “precious” at first.

Back