Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof issues

N

nutty123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Wonderful weekend in Wales until the evening the weather changed, wind started to get gusty so we quickly decided to drop the roof, dont no whether it was a good idea as the front decided to go outwards rather than the usual inwards, and as ut was so dark i hadn't realised until the finish nose was different and I new something was wrong, well its damaged the spine that brings inwards and the dealership has said there's nothing I can do. So now having to make sure i help to pull it in on it way down, probably it part of being a VW t6 owner hay ho. Just another problem im waiting for is for the rust to be sorted on the roof 50k 3 years from new cant believe it. Anyway my rant over thats that off my chest.

A bungee would help guide the front in if the spine can't do it's job.

Hi thanks for your reply We had one on at the time and really dont understand why it didnt work?? All i can think to windy and to dark to realise.

Hi thanks for your reply We had one on at the time and really dont understand why it didnt work?? All i can think to windy and to dark to realise.
It's true, it helps, but it's not failsafe. I trapped the front of mine before fitting one...so busy looking at the sides from the inside that I didn't notice what the wind was doing at the front. My front spline is slightly bent, and the bungee helps, but nothing takes the place of visually checking, and now I know that that includes the front!

Back