Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

roof material

S

scale700

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I called in at my local thieving dealer today to have a look at a brand new T6 beach they have there and I noticed the roof bellows was a completely different material to the T5 beach/SE. I didn't know they had changed it.
Any comments from anyone on how it stands up to a good British summer soaking? It looked like it would be much better, it felt like water should just run straight off it.
Also does anyone know if this is what you get if your T5 roof suffers from the corrosion issue and is replaced under warranty? I've heard you get a new bellows as part of the job.

If you read he topics on the T6 you should have notice some comments on the new fabric .
My guess is they will trow out the old fabrics first and then start putting the new canvas on the T5-roof-repairs....

I called in at my local thieving dealer today to have a look at a brand new T6 beach they have there and I noticed the roof bellows was a completely different material to the T5 beach/SE. I didn't know they had changed it.
Any comments from anyone on how it stands up to a good British summer soaking? It looked like it would be much better, it felt like water should just run straight off it.
Also does anyone know if this is what you get if your T5 roof suffers from the corrosion issue and is replaced under warranty? I've heard you get a new bellows as part of the job.
I haven't allowed mine to be subjected to a prolonged soaking mainly due to the purchase of a cali topper from Comfortz (very pleased with it by the way and much quicker to fit and remove than I anticipated but it is job for 2). When caught in showers the material does appear to be very water proof and the water just forms beads and then runs off. My impressions so far is that the material is far more waterproof than any tent I have had in the past. I am sure that I have seen the HH rating given to the material but I cannot remember what the figure was. I had a tent which was 4000HH and I think the bellows is a higher rating than this