Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof motor noise

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Last night at around 2am the roof motor started to make the noise of the roof going up/down for no reason at all, the keys were not in the ignition and the roof is still in the fully up position. The noise only lasted a few seconds, anyone else had this happen?

Only had this happen after a few beers :rofl :rofl are you sure your getting enough sleep :rofl :rofl Had the roof been up long as I have heard that if it starts to drop it will automatically
Rise maybe that's it :thumb

Arghh, cheers kev that makes sense, it has been up for a few days so this could well be what it was, i was downstars on my own last night and I think lorraine and rebecca thought the roof was closing in on them lol

I've noticed on mine that when the roof has been up a few days it sometimes looks a bit saggy like it has dropped a bit, but it doesn't raise itself back again.
Is this a feature on the new models?

Funny you should say that as there is a pre facelift a few pitches down from us that has had the roof up about 4 days and it does look a bit saggy, I just assumed they had not raised it all the way

I'm not sure I am trying to find where I read it :thumb

Calikev said:
I'm not sure I am trying to find where I read it :thumb

Bottom of Page 20 of the California suppliment. It is checked after the first 10 hours and then every five and action taken as nessasary.

Thanks for that, it will teach me for not reading the manual, shame you can't turn it off during the night as it is bloody loud.

Martin said:
Thanks for that, it will teach me for not reading the manual, shame you can't turn it off during the night as it is bloody loud.

Well it says 10 hours after the ignition is turned off and the key removed so I don't know if you did a manual check of the roof before you go to bed or even just leave the key in (security issue I know) this might stop it.

Hi Martin,

They will adjust themselves after a period of time to adjust.

cheers

Back