Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strange noise!

Cwoods1405

Cwoods1405

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
in France on holidays and whilst turning around at the bottom of a steep hill reversing initially ( with full tank of water) then going up hill on full lock my van has started to make a strange noise! It carried on doing so intermittently even on straight roads. I would describe the noise as like a vibration which lasts for a second or so. To me it sounds like an abs fault but wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue. Secondly does anyone know the best way to find the French vw commercial dealer network because they seem to have hidden it! Tried ringing my local dealer at the uk but I think they dump calls from outside the country! Either that or Bristol and westbury were out!!! Thanks

There will be a specific number for VW assistance to call in the handbook when in France, they can then advise you.

Sent using Tapatalk

Where is the noise coming from? Could also be power steering but its hard to say without a bit of investigation.

Some vibration noises have turned out to the sink tap being not quite off so that may be worth a check?

Thanks Matt but I am pretty certain it was as a result of the turn I did and connected with the drive wheels on the front. I wondered if I have stressed the wires to the front brakes as it lurched backwards on the hill thus extending the front struts. I had a quick look and one of the wires hooks onto the strut and seems mighty tight. Anyway I'll just have to try it and get some help if it does not resolve itself. On the plus side it's 35 degrees here in the dordogne

I see you have 2011 t5 has your moo valve / N75 valve been updated replaced ? Just a thought.

we had an issue which took a while to get diagnosed but once replace with new updated valve never came back

Last edited:
It seems to be connected to the hill assist function. Drove it today and no issue until I was in queuing traffic uphill. Back came the noise. Stopped for a short while as an opportunity to go shopping arose ( lucky me) and when we set off again no issue!

I see you have 2011 t5 has your moo valve / N75 valve been updated replaced ? Just a thought.

we had an issue which took a while to get diagnosed but once replace with new updated valve never came back

Van at van doctors and they seem to think it's my moo valve? Thanks meoncoast.

Van at van doctors and they seem to think it's my moo valve? Thanks meoncoast.

lets hope that sorts it it drove me mad esp when I was told by SMG computer "says no" even doing it all the way there and back.! But once finally changed with update value never another noise, keep us posted how it works out.

I am hopeful that it will fix the problem. Nothing showed up on the diagnostics for mine either I am not sure why I feel relieved to only have a bill for £320!That said I was a bit worried about it being the clutch and they are eyewateringly expensive

I am hopeful that it will fix the problem. Nothing showed up on the diagnostics for mine either I am not sure why I feel relieved to only have a bill for £320!
Is it worth contacting VW re a good will % as the value was modified due to faults we were lucky as our was a problem before being 3 years old

Back