Roof sensors - can you disable them?

ben1974

ben1974

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Can you disable the roof sensors on the California Ocean? Instead of replacing them, is it possible to disable or does it affect the computer?
Anyone done this?

i don't know what would happen if they were 'wired out' . the controller wouldn't know where the roof was. up or down, and may give warnings constantly. i just don't know. they aren't bad to replace apparently

Can you disable the roof sensors on the California Ocean? Instead of replacing them, is it possible to disable or does it affect the computer?
Anyone done
I believe a company in Cornwall (Kernow Transporters?) have a work around. But tbh it is not that difficult to replace sensors yourself. Good set of instructions on here from @Lambeth Cali

I think Kernow Transporters can replace with a manual roof if that’s what you are after?

I believe a company in Cornwall (Kernow Transporters?) have a work around. But tbh it is not that difficult to replace sensors yourself. Good set of instructions on here from @Lambeth Cali
Thanks. I got the sensors changed by Kernow Transporters. He is superb, professional and brilliant value. I got some crazy quotes...

KT replaced my sensors. He did show me a system that he installs which works from a remote control and the control panel is obsolete. If you search the VWCC site a member (Andy Cook) recently install this KT system and I think paid £450.