Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric side door

CSermanni

CSermanni

VIP Member
Hi,
I wonder if someone can tell me if it is possible to disable the auto - opening and closing of the sliding door, so that the door can be left half open?
Thanks
Charles

CSermanni said:
Hi,
I wonder if someone can tell me if it is possible to disable the auto - opening and closing of the sliding door, so that the door can be left half open?
Thanks
Charles

Yes, the button below the door-opening-button on the dash, disables the door so that it becomes a manual door. It toggles between on and off but it can be difficult to tell which mode it's in until you try it. Hope this helps :thumb

Yes, the button below the door-opening-button on the dash, disables the door so that it becomes a manual door. It toggles between on and off but it can be difficult to tell which mode it's in until you try it. Hope this helps :thumb
Thanks for that - just tried it and it worked a treat! So happy with that option.

Thanks for that - just tried it and it worked a treat! So happy with that option.
I need to look again but on my t6.1 there’s a button to disable the electric door but i’m not sure it then becomes a manual door. It just stops the electric open/close working.

It would on occasions be useful to have it in manual mode.

I need to look again but on my t6.1 there’s a button to disable the electric door but i’m not sure it then becomes a manual door. It just stops the electric open/close working.

It would on occasions be useful to have it in manual mode.
Brilliant it works :)
Learnt something useful, thanks all.