Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

transporter california t5, roof doesn't open

R

RobinSchuit2001

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hello all,
I have a california t5 2.0 tdi 2012.
first of all my first language is dutch so dont mind my english.
Last week the roof stopped lowering down. I read the fault codes and 1000 comes back immediately after reseting the control unit.
the control unit says the roof is open even when its closed, so i thought faulty sensors, so after opening the roof by bypassing the systems i tested all the sensors,

on all of the red wires of the 4 sensors i have a constant 12v
on all of the brown wires i have a constant 10,8 volt

even when i hold the sensors on a piece of steel

so i was confused by it because how could all 4 sensors stop working at the same time. so then i measured it with the scope and when i look at the minimum voltage i see 3 volt when i hold the sensor in the air and 0,7 volt when i place it on a piece of steel this happens on all 4 sensors, so i assume all sensors work fine.

does anybody now the exact voltages that im expected to measure on the sensors? maybe I'm getting a wrong signal from the module?
I dont know how all of the sensors can work and the system thinks the roof is still open even when its closed.

does anybody have an idea?

Thanks for reading
Robin

Hello all,
I have a california t5 2.0 tdi 2012.
first of all my first language is dutch so dont mind my english.
Last week the roof stopped lowering down. I read the fault codes and 1000 comes back immediately after reseting the control unit.
the control unit says the roof is open even when its closed, so i thought faulty sensors, so after opening the roof by bypassing the systems i tested all the sensors,

on all of the red wires of the 4 sensors i have a constant 12v
on all of the brown wires i have a constant 10,8 volt

even when i hold the sensors on a piece of steel

so i was confused by it because how could all 4 sensors stop working at the same time. so then i measured it with the scope and when i look at the minimum voltage i see 3 volt when i hold the sensor in the air and 0,7 volt when i place it on a piece of steel this happens on all 4 sensors, so i assume all sensors work fine.

does anybody now the exact voltages that im expected to measure on the sensors? maybe I'm getting a wrong signal from the module?
I dont know how all of the sensors can work and the system thinks the roof is still open even when its closed.

does anybody have an idea?

Thanks for reading
Robin
I don’t think anyone with the Error Code 1000 have tested the sensors, they’ve just replaced them, either individually or the whole wiring loom + sensors.
Have you actually Rebooted the Control Panel or just cleared the codes?

I don’t think anyone with the Error Code 1000 have tested the sensors, they’ve just replaced them, either individually or the whole wiring loom + sensors.
Have you actually Rebooted the Control Panel or just cleared the codes?
thank you for your response, i have treid rebooting it by disconnecting the plugs and removing the fuse but is stil give the code.

thank you for your response, i have treid rebooting it by disconnecting the plugs and removing the fuse but is stil give the code.
As you seem handy with a spanner and Multimeter might be worth while buying a Sensor and comparing the new with the old.

Does anyone know where to buy the sensors ? There are no part numbers on the sensors.

Attachments

• How to Replace Roof Sensors.pdf
    792.9 KB · Views: 17