Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roofbars to fit both T5 and T6.1

BobTheVan

BobTheVan

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi

I’m about to order some Thule ProBars. I own a T5 California (April 2011) and have a T6.1 Ocean arriving in the next few months.
I assume that the roof dimensions< and therefore the T-Tracks, have remained identical on both models? So I could use the bars on either van? But naturally I cannot find any definitive confirmation on this anywhere.

Can anyone confirm that the roof dimensions and design are identical to both models? I am hoping to order the bars today so I can go kayaking during the half term break!

Thanks

Hi

I’m about to order some Thule ProBars. I own a T5 California (April 2011) and have a T6.1 Ocean arriving in the next few months.
I assume that the roof dimensions< and therefore the T-Tracks, have remained identical on both models? So I could use the bars on either van? But naturally I cannot find any definitive confirmation on this anywhere.

Can anyone confirm that the roof dimensions and design are identical to both models? I am hoping to order the bars today so I can go kayaking during the half term break!

Thanks
Same dimensions on T5 / T6. They will fit.

I recently bought a set of used but unused VW OEM roof bars.

They had been bought from VW for a T5, but never fitted....still in wrapping and box from VW.

Fitted easily and perfectly to a T6 - no issues!

I recently bought a set of used but unused VW OEM roof bars.

They had been bought from VW for a T5, but never fitted....still in wrapping and box from VW.

Fitted easily and perfectly to a T6 - no issues!
Some of the T5 roof bars had a manufacturing 'fault' with the plate that slides into the roof channel rails. The plates that slide into the Cali rails were made slightly too big so needed to have the edge shaved off to fit in the channel.

Some of the T5 roof bars had a manufacturing 'fault' with the plate that slides into the roof channel rails. The plates that slide into the Cali rails were made slightly too big so needed to have the edge shaved off to fit in the channel.
I had no issues when fitting my T5 bars.

Thanks for the responses. I eventually ordered -
Thule Evo ProBars (pair) 200cm 394
Thule Evo FixPoint (4 pack) 7107
Thule Kit 187009
These will work for both T5 and T6.1, I was tempted by the Whispbars though.

Back