Rotating switching glove compartment on T6 - what is it

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Whilst routing around in the van trying to answer a query on a other post I spotted the dial / knob in the pictures below in the glove compartment (the one below where the manual usually lives). A fruitless evening waking through the manual and also searching on the forum and I am still clueless as to what it is. It's probably obvious to those in the know - but if you can shed some light I'd be grateful.IMG_1003.jpgIMG_1004.jpg

You may have a chilled glovebox? I don't know for sure but some cars allow you to vent the air con into your glovebox. That of course also means it can be warmed too if you have your heat on.

That sounds logical as it does seem to be insulated and the 'star' shape is the same as the fridge light on the control panel. Just need to find where in the handbook it is mentioned... hahaha :headbang

I think it turns on the provision for cooled aircon air to keep the glove box cool.
What a quaint term glove box is in this day and age I always think.

I think it turns on the provision for cooled aircon air to keep the glove box cool.
What a quaint term glove box is in this day and age I always think.
Snowy55 and MattBW - you are right, thanks. - found it on page 149. No picture of the dial but some text about 'Cooling the stowage compartment'. The dial is in fact a vent for feeding in cold air when air is on.
Must go and get some more peroxide as feeling rather blond again :talktothehand

Well we all like ice cold gloves don't we :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres also one in the bottle storage compartment under the cup holder drawer. Took me a while to spot it!

It IS the vent to allow chilled air into the glovebox. It's a good idea but don't get too carried away, they fited a similar part to the Skoda Fabia 16 years ago

@AlisonF , didn't we agreed you'd reed the manual....?;)

It's a pretty useless function when you got a fridge behind you:D

It IS the vent to allow chilled air into the glovebox. It's a good idea but don't get too carried away, they fited a similar part to the Skoda Fabia 16 years ago
Yep had that in my MK 1 Fabia - looks like the same knob!

Like AlisonF at post #1 I found this mystery object in the glove box and wondered what it was for. However, a quick search and yet again this forum comes up trumps in providing the answer. I will have to test my newly discovered glove box chiller capability out with something tomorrow. On a point of detail my latest copy of the handbook (edition 11.2016) gives it a minor mention on page 141.

Like AlisonF at post #1 I found this mystery object in the glove box and wondered what it was for. However, a quick search and yet again this forum comes up trumps in providing the answer. I will have to test my newly discovered glove box chiller capability out with something tomorrow. On a point of detail my latest copy of the handbook (edition 11.2016) gives it a minor mention on page 141.
It will keep you ice lolly cool ..... Mind you, you could just leave it outside!
;););)

Chocolate storage facility cooling device. Excellent in hot weather on long journeys

Back