Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Options anyone help with what they are.?

Chris H

Chris H

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Bit of a list but trying to figure out what options to get on a 204ps dig 4motion ocean. Can't seem to find much info on the list below and was wondering if anyone else knew.

Thanks

Chris

1. Bluetooth handsfree set with coupling box and WLAN. Mainly the coupling box and WLAN bit.
  2. Lockable storage compartment. Where does this go.?
  3. QE6 Storage net ?
  4. 2E4 17" chassis with 17" brake system. is this needed on a 4motion ocean 204PS ?
  5. 2MF Heavy-duty anti-roll bars (front and rear) with standard suspension and shock absorbers. Any benefit and is this needed on a 4motion ocean 204PS ?
  6. II6 With built-in cupboard, type 6. Is this the cold water shower. What do you loose if fitted space wise.?
  7. IS2 Electrical interface and multi-function control module for external use, Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver´s seat, Multi-function control module for external use. Any ideas what they are.?
  8. Alternator/battery - uprated 180 A/ 450 A (95 Ah). is this needed on a 4motion ocean 204PS ?
  9. 4HS Rear heated window with window wiper and washer system. Does this effect the STD rear glass or change it.?
  10. Z2C Laminated glass package in cab. Is this side glass only or front windscreen.?

Hi Chris, I'm glad you started this thread and asked these questions as I was a little confused myself on these options!

Point 2, I believe this is a lockable 'lid' which fits in the rear storage cupboard and sits over the wheel - there is a retro fit thread on here which shows where it is.

Point 5, I was hoping that the active suspension option was going to be available. All I will say is that a 180 4Motion is heavy - I think the 204 4Motion will be the same weight - when fully loaded with equipment and 4 people I think heavy duty roll bars will have a big improvement to stop body roll - not too sure if this then makes the drive harsher or not - but worth investigating I would say.

Point 9, This was an option on the T5 I believe in terms of the rear wash wipe being an option - I would very much doubt if it has any effect on the glass as this would cost VW too much to have a different glass for what is a simple option - I normally have it so loaded I can't see out the back window anyway and keep the blind closed so this would make no difference to me!! I think the rear screen is fitted with a heater regardless of this option.

As for the rest, I'm as eager to learn what they are :)

Point 9 The 2014 Cali SE has a double glazed tailgate glass as standard with wiper and no heating. Heating not needed due to double glazing.

Point 2 - I think this was known as the safe on the T5 and is in the bottom of the wardrobe.
Point 4 - the dealers I have spoken to are unsure about this. It came as standard on the T5 4-motion, but looks as though it will be a (necessary?) extra cost on the T6.
Point 5 - worth having I think. My feeling is there is a bit less wallowing, but the general ride is no firmer. The DCC adaptive suspension is definitely not available according to my dealer (it is available on the Caravelle!).
Point 6 - yes, it's a cold water shower (not sure why it's called a cupboard!) and doesn't seem to take much space.

And I have a question of my own. The electric sliding side door is shown as an option for the Beach but not for the Ocean in my price list. I assumed this was a mistake until I tried to order a T6 and was told that it is not an option on the Ocean. As yet VW hasn't explained why. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Point 7 I believe is if you wish to add external appliances such as flat screen TV or additional fridge

Yes, on point 9, I didn't even register that it didn't have a rear demist switch!! On point 4, if it is an option on the T6 4Motion then I would get it - the brakes are pretty good on the T5 4Motion - no they're very good ;)

Good call on the anti roll bar :) And I thought I read somewhere that the electric side door was now standard on the Ocean - but then it gets very confusing when there are different standard and optional kit on the Euro version compared to the UK version - and I'm not 100% convinced the price lists are dedicated to the UK market as yet :(

Back