Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Route 500 advice

Helmsley is a great place to go on the ’bikes. Robin Hood’s Bay is lovely. Our next planned trip, probably the last of the season, is Catgill campsite in Bolton Abbey.

Our next is a wee trip up to Clachtol Bay (Lochinver) may be our last of the season too apart from the odd overnighter.
Here’s to a more ‘open’ 2022 !

Yippee, the English schools are back and its safe again to drive in the Highlands …. LOL
That's good to know. I will leave it a week or two. though.

View attachment 83535
Currently on it. Day 4 in Durness after heading up the east side.
Lots of resource online helped us plan our route.
We chose to stay in sites and not free camp mainly due to there being 4 of us. (Portaloo would have been too much hassle.)

Lots of free camping spots around though.
(Maybe next time when just two of us.)

No midges yet.
Will post something in the correct place on the forum on our route, our sites and our thoughts when done.
I am sure that is the pitch that I normally stay on 22 - great spot and even your Cali seems to be the same colour as mine Shadow Blue - what a coincidence.

Our next is a wee trip up to Clachtol Bay (Lochinver) may be our last of the season too apart from the odd overnighter.
Here’s to a more ‘open’ 2022 !
We stayed there at the end of July. Was a lovely location but it was so cold when we were there.
The lady at the convenience hut was selling a lot of home knitted head warmers

We stayed there at the end of July. Was a lovely location but it was so cold when we were there.
The lady at the convenience hut was selling a lot of home knitted head warmers
Good to know, September… we’ll pack the winter woolies !

Good to know, September… we’ll pack the winter woolies !
Someone told me that it looks like a beach from Thailand however unfortunately it has the weather directly from Iceland