Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Routing a cable from rear wardrobe to front cupboard

C

CaliKingMK2023

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,
Quick question. I have solar (provided by Roger who is awesome btw) and an Ecoflow River 2 Pro. The Ecoflow currently sits in the bottom of the right hand wardrobe above the safe, but for ease (and to avoid using an extension), I’d like to move it into the bottom half of the cupboard under the hob.

Easy enough I hear you cry, but I would like it to still take the ‘load’ charge from the MPPT. Is there a route that I can run the cable through? I was thinking of routing through the area from the leisure battery is and under the fridge into the opening where the grey water valve is, but is there a blockage there or is it open enough to feed a cable through?

Thanks in advance!

You can route a cable through there on the T6, I have recently done that. I dont know if the 6.1 is the same, but I expect it is.

You can route a cable through there on the T6, I have recently done that. I dont know if the 6.1 is the same, but I expect it is.
I think I routed it behind the fridge, not under it.

I have a T6.1. Is there space behind the fridge? Could I access that from the grey water valve panel. I don’t fancy unscrewing panels etc.

Did you use a rod to get it through?

I routed two fairly stiff and thick solar cables from the roof through tge battery bay and through behind the fridge where the existing loom runs, they emerged where the pop out round access cover is in the cupboard under the hob.I didn’t unscrew anything, but it was a pain and took a few attempts and some swearing to get them where they needed to be.