Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar cable routing

A

ALFIrE

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hey,

Thinking about installing solar on out t6 ocean.
BUT: I do not want that spiral cable on the roof entering at the grummet close to the hinge.
Anyone temped other routing?
I've seen photos of cables going through the roof and entering the cabin under the poptop, completely invisible. Can"t find them anymore ;)

Hey,

BUT: I do not want that spiral cable on the roof entering at the grummet close to the hinge.
I've seen photos of cables going through the roof and entering the cabin under the poptop, completely invisible. Can"t find them anymore ;)

The pigs tail through the rubber grommet is the best way. Its not under any tension / pressure, and no need to make any holes in the alu roof.

Last edited:

Hey,

Had a 200w system fitted by Roger D when my van was brand new in November 2020. I deliberated for a while prior to getting the van, but in the end went for the curly cable. Pleased to say I’ve had no issues whatsoever. I did put some helicopter tape on the roof, under the cable, as a precaution to avoid any paintwork wear, but probably didn’t need to. I wouldn’t have considered drilling the roof on a new van but on an older, out of warranty, van then maybe?

Back