Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safe storage of Campingaz 907

S

Sue G

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone

We have just bought a Cadac Safari 2 and yesterday purchased a Campingaz 907 cylinder but have since read on the internet about the potential dangers of carrying one of these lose in a vehicle. I know we use one in cali for the main hob but that's in the sealed unit. I did get one or two posts up when I put this into the forum search but still felt a bit unnerved about the safest way to carry a spare cylinder so would just like to know what other folks do and where they store their cylinders. Any advice/thoughts would be really appreciated.
Many thanks Sue

Hi everyone

We have just bought a Cadac Safari 2 and yesterday purchased a Campingaz 907 cylinder but have since read on the internet about the potential dangers of carrying one of these lose in a vehicle. I know we use one in cali for the main hob but that's in the sealed unit. I did get one or two posts up when I put this into the forum search but still felt a bit unnerved about the safest way to carry a spare cylinder so would just like to know what other folks do and where they store their cylinders. Any advice/thoughts would be really appreciated.
Many thanks Sue
If I’m transporting a spare 907 it’s packed away under the rear shelf surrounded by lots of gear, so it won’t slide about.
Given that the “fixed” cylinder for the stove is located in a very vulnerable location I’d be more worried about that from an explosive point of view.

Not cheap...

We have a double one. It slides neatly under our Beach’s multiflex. You’d need to check the height for the Ocean.

Many thanks for your replies. If using it with a Cadac do you tend to leave the regulator on the top of the cylinder or change it after use for the screw on handle?

Many thanks for your replies. If using it with a Cadac do you tend to leave the regulator on the top of the cylinder or change it after use for the screw on handle?
From a safety point of view I would take the regulator off and fit the screw on handle. A bucket is a cheap holder option!

I have 2 x Really Useful boxes under the bed board. Our spare 904 standby bottle sits in one of these perfectly with lots of stuff tucked around it.

I swap the 904 for the 907 when needed and the 907 also fits in this box.

Alan

Try 901 size, fits in mesh pocket on BBQ. I use a 901 as my backup for 907 until i can get another 907. My Safari BBQ is an LP with HP conversion and use coleman 500g gas. So have back up on a backup for both systems that use gas.

Back