Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campingaz 907 bottles

Just incase anyone did not know where the tare weight is on their CampingGaz cylinder, you will find it here:

cgaz1.jpg

and to help you work out how much gas is left, here is the weight of the Butane when the cylinder is full.

907 = 2.75kg
904 = 1.8kg
901 = 400g

So for example, I have a 904 which weighs 4.2kg, I then subtract the tare weight (2.95kg) leaving me with 1.25kg of butane left.

the small bottles with the same thred are 901s in tenarief a 907 refill is 15 euros

Hi Everyone
Got a 907 Gas Bottle today, BUT, it seems to be to tall when you fit the gas valve, I cant get the Black lid to screw back on

Is this Normal or am I doing something wrong ?

If it is, why have a Screw top on the Gas Bottle holder ?

Looking forward to any comments

Graham

2012 Sand Beige 180 DSG with 18inch Canberas & ALL the Goodies
(I'm Skint now)

We just fitted the gas bottle to our new Cali yesterday.

The 'regulator' is in two pieces. The second piece (with a reverse thread) screws into first piece that screws into the bottle. I found I needed to make sure that the second piece is angled down so that it sits on top of the bottle, rather than being horizontal. Then the lid would go on.

Make sure that the valve is screwed closed (on the top of the first piece) before loosening the second piece!

Simon

Hi Simon

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try first thing in the morning

Just need to sort out an annoying Rattle / Banging in the N/S Rear Roof area when I go over a few pot holes etc . . and I'm sorted

Cheers . . .Graham

i just popped into my local council recycle centre had a look in the gas cylinder cage and asked the guy nicely if he wouldn't mind me having a 907 bottle ....he gave me 2 and 1 was full .. ;) :thumb

Well done Lee
Beware all the gas tanks are supposed to have a "life" so check if those tanks aren't too old.

Argo&Liebe said:
Well done Lee
Beware all the gas tanks are supposed to have a "life" so check if those tanks aren't too old.

no worries the full one was very new with the cap and seal on it and the empty was sent straight in to be swapped over for a re-filled bottle ... :thumb

choplee said:
i just popped into my local council recycle centre had a look in the gas cylinder cage and asked the guy nicely if he wouldn't mind me having a 907 bottle ....he gave me 2 and 1 was full .. ;) :thumb

Brilliant idea! I do hate paying so much for an empty gas bottle!

choplee said:

Nice one Lee.

There are always plenty full & empty on ebay.

Anyone got any updates on cylinder and gas prices? Presumably a new van does not come with a cylinder (can someone confirm?) so we need to buy one (or two). I know that Go Outdoors had these reduced before Christmas but the prices are now £43 for the cylinder and £27 for the gas, with their discount card. Will we need to buy a regulator too?

Regulator comes with van , you will need to buy a bottle of gaz

Thanks Andy. Actually I should have read the thread more thoroughly...a great idea to try the local tip/recycling centre...

Larkrise said:
Thanks Andy. Actually I should have read the thread more thoroughly...a great idea to try the local tip/recycling centre...

i got 2 full 907's and 1 stumpy for free from my local recycling centre :thumb

choplee said:
Larkrise said:

i got 2 full 907's and 1 stumpy for free from my local recycling centre :thumb

Our local recycling centre have stopped selling them now.
According to the guy on site they can't to do it anymore as they have no way of telling that the cylinders are OK and are worried about comebacks if one should fail.
Shame as they used to give empties away.

We got a new empty 907 in Millets for £15 on Sat.

Last year at my local boot sale I bought a 907 bottle nearly full for a fiver , was a clean bottle that worked ok.

Even if you found a iffy bottle (preferably with carrying handle) you would be able to change for an up to date full bottle.

They come up on ebay regularly, just look for a seller near to you. Bought my first one from a guy on ebay £30 for a full one !!

Just looked on ebay & are loads all over country £15 - £30 empty. £21 - £30 full.

OK, I realize the empty weight of the 907 bottle is written on the side but anyone knows what is the total weight when it's full ? The idea is to be able to deduce a percentage of gas left in the bottle ;-)

tikitnet said:
swigle said:
I plan to give these a go ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-NEW-C...ervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item35b8eab716

£60 for two, filled.
Collect only from Walsall.

I found these on the net as well and as the shop is only 3 miles away I called in last month and as said paid only £60 for two new 907's I never normally have luck like this as the stockists are usually nowhere near but I've used the place before and have always been very happy with them.

Thats where I got my first one from £30 for one full, real bargain !