Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safety net?

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Having just picked up our California on Saturday! I am exploring the hidden gadgets and extras and have found a few surprises including folding electric mirrors, are these standard?

Onto my main question, We have a 15 month old little girl and our plan was to let her sleep in the elevating roof, having been through all the bits under the rear seat, there does not appear to be the safety net I have read about, did these come as standard on a 2010 SE or is it an optional extra?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew yes the folding mirrors are standard as was the safety net :thumb if it's not there it's missing.

I will have a look up under the matress tonight but that is the only place left to look. Any idea on cost of one as it was a private sale :?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

I would say it would cost about £100 from vw. You could try giving Steve in parts at smg
A ring. Also if you are a vip you will save 10% or you could try placing a wanted add on here :thumb

You could also ask the last owner they may have never used them and put it away ours went straight up in the roof of the house

Absolutely essential with a little one!
Ours slept up top from aged 18 months and the net has saved a few falls in the past.

I contacted the original owner and he has found it and will be sending it down to me in the post :D

Our little one is 15months, could she climb over the top of the net or it it quite high?

Thanks for kind offers of selling by the way, much appreciated.

Who knows what else he might find!

Andrew.

That is good news a £100 ish saved towards extras :cool
Never used the net but hooks are on on roof so reckon it fits from roof to bottom of bed

Ajspicer said:
I contacted the original owner and he has found it and will be sending it down to me in the post :D

Our little one is 15months, could she climb over the top of the net or it it quite high?

Thanks for kind offers of selling by the way, much appreciated.

Who knows what else he might find!

Andrew.

It's about 1.5ft high and ours have never tried to get over it. Very decent bit of kit IMO.

Back