Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Child safety net problem.

K

keacal2705

Hi all,

We discovered on attending our first meet at Hollands wood that our roof bed was missing the two little stud poppers that go on the bed frame for the child's safety net to pop into. The bed was replaced four years ago under warranty. I have no idea why it needed replacing but our hunch is that the popper studs were not put on then. As the previous owners did not have kids they did not spot the issue.

I happened to be in Exeter so took it to the place where it was bought. They could not help at all and said that the poppers cannot be bought individually as they come part of the bed. As it was four years ago that the bed was replaced they understandbly could not take responsibility. I am sure you can appreciate that I don't want to spend 280 quid on a replacement bed to get two poppers :crazy

I know that nobody would have these to sell as they may need them if ever selling the cali onto a family. But does anyone know if they are removable from the bed frame or is it a case that once they are in then they are in? Can they be prised out easily?

Ta

Someone had a net for sale here recently (which for what it's worth in my opinion is a little short sighted but I digress), if they are selling the net then perhaps they'd sell the poppers.

I guess they might although I have no idea if the poppers can be prised out or not. They might be one of those things that once in place, that is it. Unfortunatly I do not have the to be able to see how they go in.

Try a chandler or auto trimmer. Old fashioned convertibles typically used poppers about that size for the tonneau cover. I have also seen them used in yachts and motor homes. I bet Danbury or bilbo's have the right size on the shelf.

Chandler - Yacht Chandler
Auto Trimmer - Term for someone that re-trims automotive seats etc.