Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Still looking to bring the spirit of the early years inside this new T- generation, Not that I'm looking for daisies painted all over, but still, something more than the clinical plastic standard, no? So, inspired by this:067a02fa61ed69839989200b1bf0209e.jpg
, I started last weekend with a little mobile 'herb garden' that I strapped at the back of my head rest. And till now it's a thrill. Each moment I enter the van I am overwhelmed by the fresh smells. Out goes the Ambi Pur air refresher! While driving I get fragrances of Thyme from behind my ears :happy
Aubergine Winter Garden.jpg
For lunch I prepare me a fresh tomato-mozarella with basil, or a nice genuine mint tea. The Ikea colander which I used for it, obviously still serves to wash down the veggies for the sandwich.

IMG_0590.jpg
Next step could be that I extend this mini 'greenhouse' project by dropping my mobile led lights in the 'ex-safety net' I installed right above it, and add special filters (like I did with the standard lights) to make them grow hanging at the ceiling, and so that I could harvest...
well, that's now my question. Is there anybody as crazy with some more experience? Or somebody else who has growing things in the cali, (except for some uninvited fungi :D)? I know when I ask our son, who studies bio-engineering, he will come up with some pot :Nailbiting
The advantage I have is that the car mostly stays outside, and that I use it daily. So the monitoring is easy.
Who knows, I might end up cultivating real aubergines...:Grin

Wow its like your post came right out of my brain. We were just talking about how to carry our live herbs plants with us for cooking!! A great idea!! Be interested how the plants do in there :)

Love it!

My goodness, where do you guys find the Thyme to do stuff like this!? I once brought some cheese home in mine but I had to drive very Caerphilly .... ... sorry, I’ll get my coat: Goodbye Auber-gine, though I nevah... kneeew you at alll.....

On a serious note - It’s a good idea, thank you -now thinking a row of pots in rail mounted cup holders (Beach) - reach in through the slidey window and grab what you need (just for my camping trips though, not the school runs as there would definitely be unauthorised gardening incidents which I could live without.)
Stu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back