Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat Nav - Minor Fault?

S

Steve Hart

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all,

Over the last few weeks we have been having a few issues with our Sat Nav on our Cali Ocean 6.1, in essence there are a couple of letters that when you go on the touch screen just don't register. We have taken it back to the main deal (not under warranty!) and they have said it needs a full replacement at a cost of £2,743. Everything else works on the panel. I wondered if anyone else has had this issue before, does it need a full replacement or any recommendations very welcome?

Many thanks

Steve

Hi all,

Over the last few weeks we have been having a few issues with our Sat Nav on our Cali Ocean 6.1, in essence there are a couple of letters that when you go on the touch screen just don't register. We have taken it back to the main deal (not under warranty!) and they have said it needs a full replacement at a cost of £2,743. Everything else works on the panel. I wondered if anyone else has had this issue before, does it need a full replacement or any recommendations very welcome?

Many thanks

Steve
Your Avatar information says T6.

There have been a number of reports of failing touch screens on early vehicles. The fix is either a replacement unit or a replaced touch screen costing about £300.

We hired one (t6) with the broken display aswel.
Our fix was to use the Apple car play for navigation and putting in the Adres where we wanted to go.
No issues otherwhise.
For us the Whole Left side of the display was unresponsive.
Was realy enoing when you wat to switch from Playlist or go back to navigation etc.

Your Avatar information says T6.

There have been a number of reports of failing touch screens on early vehicles. The fix is either a replacement unit or a replaced touch screen costing about £300.

Many thanks WelshGas really appreciate your response and will update my Avatar.

Many thanks WelshGas really appreciate your response and will update my Avatar.
More explanation. Some places that do the repair and a DIY repair.

Back