Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SAT NAV not showing location during travel

Flynn

Flynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all, I have a 71 california ocean. The sat nav that came with it 'works' in that it gets me from A to B and the details for junctions etc appear in the instrument cluster BUT the map on the screen doesn't seem to show the current location during travel. There is a white arrow that is always pointing off the screen suggesting I need to move the map to find the current location but it always resets back to not showing actual location or direction of travel. The salesman just said he tends to use his phone and uses car play to display maps (not helpful). Has anyone seen this problem and or does anyone have an idea about how to sort it out? Thank you.

Hi and welcome.
There have been several threads around issues with the satnav. Most seem to be resolved with a software update.

Hi and welcome.
There have been several threads around issues with the satnav. Most seem to be resolved with a software update.
Hi Alison, thanks for the reply. I did try to search before posting but I now see there are many people that have found this type of problem. I'll have to see if I can get an update somehow.

Hi Alison, thanks for the reply. I did try to search before posting but I now see there are many people that have found this type of problem. I'll have to see if I can get an update somehow.
No problem. I was trying to see if I could find a thread which showed the update required… hopefully someone will pop that info on here and then you can get it sorted.

There is a little icon, top right, that you press that sets the van in the middle of the screen.

You don’t say which head unit you have ?

As suggested by @Skylark2.0 , There is a little icon, top right, that you press that sets the van in the middle of the screen.
It is possible to change the orientation of the “direction of travel “ shown on The screen And to have the screen fixed (I.e not moving with you as you travel)
If the sat Nav works, i.e. shows the correct locations, I would suggest this is your starting point, before exploring other possibilities.

try the above and report back ?

Back