Scandinavia campervan woes

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Denmark and Norway are struggling with the sheer number of campervans and motorhomes.

I recall a terrible experience at the Jektvik ferry terminal way back in 2017 - so this is nothing new!

Always seemed quiet to me, particularly up in the mountains, in the winter

//Visitors who choose sustainable modes of transport or participate in community activities like gardening or rubbish collection can earn incentives and rewards, such as free meals or access to attractions.//

Great idea from such a sustainable country..

In 2023, Norway exported about 100 million Sm³ (1,7 million barrels per day) of crude oil directly to other countries, and 7,4 million Sm³ (0,13 million barrels

Easter, Yorkshire Dales?

Yep been there as well / flew up on a C130....surprisingly cold, more so than Norway (Lol...no, not when its -30 - ..... then again it only ever goes to -30 as training stops when it drops lower)

Always seemed quiet to me, particularly up in the mountains, in the winter
I think that the issue is along the coastal routes in the summer. There will always be quiet spots to find in Norway summer or winter.

Denmark doesn't do mountains. Its highest point (mainland and main islands) is 170m, but has plenty of coastline.

There is no Legoland in Texas

//Visitors who choose sustainable modes of transport or participate in community activities like gardening or rubbish collection can earn incentives and rewards, such as free meals or access to attractions.//

Great idea from such a sustainable country..

In 2023, Norway exported about 100 million Sm³ (1,7 million barrels per day) of crude oil directly to other countries, and 7,4 million Sm³ (0,13 million barrels
That was Copenhagen, Denmark, not Norway.
And no matter what others say Oil will be required well into the next century for one reason or another.

Denmark and Norway are struggling with the sheer number of campervans and motorhomes.

I recall a terrible experience at the Jektvik ferry terminal way back in 2017 - so this is nothing new!

Another reason to visit outside High Season.

At no point in my life have I actively sought out a cold venue for a holiday!!!

Love my van, love camping, love snowboarding. All three together? Forget it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my van, love camping, love snowboarding. All three together? Forget it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All 2 together really. Loving your van AND camping is the same thing. I love a snowboard cali trip

Back