Scotland in June

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
A few photos from our trip to Scotland last week. Not quite North Cape, but it was still fairly light at 11pm (BST). The weather was , well, moody .... :)

Letters, Loch Broome. Our biker friends had rented a cottage just here.
Loch Broome.jpg

Kyleskue. Brings back memories of coming across here on the ferry before this bridge was built. I won't say how long ago that was ...
Kylesku.jpg

Durness, our most northerly location. We had to move from this spot later to somewhere more sheltered. Nice warm pub nearby though, with ice cold Tennant's lager ;)
Durness.jpg

Typical view out of the window :(
Rain.jpg

Shieldaig. Just after crossing over Applecross pass ... rain stopped :)
Shieldaig.jpg

Last night at C & CC camp site at Milarochy camp site. We did get some sunshine later.
Milarochy Bay.jpg

Midgies? What midgies? They went somewhere with better weather :D

Great post. I love hearing about everyone's adventures. Looking forward to exploring on cumbrae, Arran, and Islay

I am heading that way in a couple of weeks, thinking of island hoping to Skye and Lewis. Does anyone know if you need to book the ferries in advance or just show up? I am hoping for good weather and no midgies (or midges). Am I a hopeless optimist?

We did the island hopping a few years back. We booked all the ferries in advance, but as it happened we could have just turned up as there was always plenty of space.

Guess if you turned up on a busy holiday weekend in August they may be full, but the rest of the time it's fairly casual.

We've been twice now and never got bothered with midgies, it was always too windy for them!

We are also heading up the West Coast in July, hoping to spend some time on Arran and Harris en route. I was going to wait until a week before to check the weather, then I realised that a Scottish summer pretty much guarantees rain, so I might as well book it in advance!

Wish I was there. Chatting with a friendb from up there recently , she mentioned the midges weren't as bad as normal at this time of year. That's what I understood her to mean anyway "those wee midges are fair skunnerd in this drookit weather".

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We are also heading up the West Coast in July, hoping to spend some time on Arran and Harris en route. I was going to wait until a week before to check the weather, then I realised that a Scottish summer pretty much guarantees rain, so I might as well book it in advance!
We've booked ferries and campsites but that's just what we do!

We booked ferry to Mull and it was full ( on a Saturday)... People who just turned up had to wait for the next one (2 hrs). I'm sure most sites out of summer school hols will have space but we were surprised to find the C&CC site on Skye fully booked mid week in mid May.

We booked ferry to Mull and it was full ( on a Saturday)... People who just turned up had to wait for the next one (2 hrs). I'm sure most sites out of summer school hols will have space but we were surprised to find the C&CC site on Skye fully booked mid week in mid May.

Yes the Skye site in our experience has always been full early June because they seem to have a lot of rallies from Europe.

You will have a great time in Scotland Arran is full of golf courses good walks Harris has great beaches.