Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scottish Borders and Glentress

RodCouncil

A Brit in Sweden
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We are up in Edinburgh for the Half Marathon next weekend (not me competing but the missus and Sister) and wondered if there are some nice campsite recommendations in the Borders region? (Friday evening)

I'm looking to stay near Glentress so I can take the MTB on the trails Friday and Sat am, but we happy to stay further away if the campsite and views are worth it.

The Borders are not well served by good campsites unfortunately. We stayed at Crossburn Caravan Park in Peebles one night last summer which was OK and well run. There's also the Rosetta Holiday Park in Peebles but I can't comment on that. Peebles is only 10 mins from Glentress so those are the nearest sites. A bit further afield is Melrose C&CC if you like manicured sites. Or if you like wild camping I can tell you about a spot up on the moors that's very quiet south of Peebles.

I ran the Edinburgh half marathon last year - a good event.

Yo can stay at Glentress, the cater for campers etc. The facilities are top notch. They also have up to 5 man lodges (cabins) which are pretty cool. Not many camping sites local.

There is a pretty good restaurant/pub next to the Glentress campsite, the food is ace.

Going to Glentress later in the year with mates, been up the mountain on two separate visits, great riding! If you fancy a challenge Inerleithen is just down the road, a cycle path links the two trail centers. The climb at Inerleithen is gruesome, but the descents are well worth the sweat and tears ;)

Enjoy Glentress :thumb

Thanks guys, the Wild Camping sounds fun so please do send me the coordinates, and so does the Glentress facilities.

The missus thinks we should stay in the Peak district en route on Thus night and do the TC's on the way to Edinburgh so we might stay in Castleton on Thus night then get up early and I'lll ride Friday afternoon.

I might do the Inerleithian XC route, the climbs don't bother me :thumb

The climb is a hard slog,well worth it though as the views and descent are worth the effort. The climb is around 500 meters, all up before you hit the good stuff ;)