Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scratches on black 'windows'

Lizzie

Lizzie

Vehicle
Grand California 600
I have some nasty scratches on the black 'windows' on my GC 600. I think they were caused by branches. The photo shows them looking worse than they actually look. Any ideas how I could remove them? They are not deep, but rather visible.

IMG_3989.jpg

oooo…. Thats a bit painful. I believe the black is a wrap so not sure the usual T-Cut approach will work but worth a gentle try on a small section to see if it helps. If not try perhaps the coloured car polish.

I have some nasty scratches on the black 'windows' on my GC 600. I think they were caused by branches. The photo shows them looking worse than they actually look. Any ideas how I could remove them? They are not deep, but rather visible.

View attachment 126609
Try plastic Polish. Used for poly screens. It is a very mild abrasive and is used to restore the surface finish. Test in a small area first.

Autosol chrome polish can do the same for clear plastics, we use to use it on helicopter canopies

Dometic makes some polish for their acrylic/plastic windows. I've had scratches worse than this and was able to polish them out with this using a polishing machine and this polish. Don't use too much pressure and take your time.

Hi Lizzie
For your information:
- Extensions are painted (Plastic Gelcoat)
- Window surrounds are self-adhesive (black covering)
Personally, in case of scratches, I use polish for the scratches on the paint and acrylic window renovator for the windows

Back