Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Screen driver and passenger's door

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Hi. I do not really know where to place this topic... But where can I buy the two screens to put on the windows of the driver's and passenger's doors? Our (second hand) Cali seems to be delivered without them. Are the originals best-buy, or is there an alternative?

You could get them from your dealer or give Steve + SMG a call.

The newer ones have magnets in them which are better than the previous which had poles and were a bit of a faff.

Thank you, Goldie. But what I was looking for, are the screens you put on the inside of the window...

bmassaer said:
Thank you, Goldie. But what I was looking for, are the screens you put on the inside of the window...

No problem. What you might find is the cost of the VW items / alternatives is far more than buying a single external cover which is less fiddly to put up. I was just suggesting an alternative.

I gather that there may be less of a problem with condensation with the external cover, but as I suggest wait for the opinion of a seasoned user as mine has not been used yet.

Andy

The VW ones are a faff, so as it's been pointed out, it might make sense to spend your money on something that's an improvement instead.

The 'new' VW ones with the magnets are the opposite and not a faff at all in my opinion.

We have switched from using our external full frontal cover to the new design VW ones.

Stu said:
The 'new' VW ones with the magnets are the opposite and not a faff at all in my opinion.

We have switched from using our external full frontal cover to the new design VW ones.

The new VW magnetic door blinds are brilliant
What do people do with the outside screens when they are wet and you want to leave the camp site?

Can SMG supply the new magnetic front screen blind?

rob

Yes there is a label with a part number on each of them.

I can get the numbers off mine if needed.

Hi bmassaer, I have Brandrup isolite insulated inside screens at half price, Brand new, not fitted only unwrapped to check ok. 07952-905394. or see ad on forum. Paul.

Good afternoon........

We can supply the VW parts but they are quite pricey...

The new magnetic screen is ÂŁ235 on its own, the side panels are then an additional ÂŁ93.

Another alternative could be the Brandrup Isolite cab protection kit which for a VIP member would be ÂŁ88.20 for the screen and two side windows.

Have a look here if its something your interested in,
http://www.brandrup.de/en/brandrup-prod ... ide-vw-t5/

Would I be correct in assuming the cloth is the same but with some magnets sewn into it?

rob

robo said:
Can SMG supply the new magnetic front screen blind?

rob

Hi, our Cali is only 6 months old and was supplied with a front curtain which slides onto the sun visors, velcros round the mirror, then the thicker padded section at the bottom gets pushed firmly into the groove where windscreen meets dash. Has this now been replaced with a magnetic one like the front side curtains?

Those screens can be easily made DIY from a foil... Do it a little bit oversized and it makes a tight fit. They are more convenient & insulative than original ones that we almost don't use anymore.

1532160_10151898173907339_1050042721_n.jpg 1551575_10151898173932339_1504225335_n.jpg

For anyone with the old style blinds; we just leave ours made up and chuck it in the roof; it's plenty thin enough. It's then super easy to pull it down.
It's a bit Heath Robinson but ours have served us well for three years and still work fine: and they stash into almost nothing when you don't need them.

No way I'd go to the faff of some of the external or even internal aftermarket screens.

Original screens don't have any insulation value, so critical in most conditions.
Regards,
Bostjan

bvirc said:
Original screens don't have any insulation value, so critical in most conditions.
Regards,
Bostjan

Your profile pic suggests you need a LOT of insulation!!! :eek: :clap

Winter is the best season to have fun in the Cali, especially in the Alps!
Best, B.

I see these are on ebay currently..
eBay item number:

I rather like this system, I keep mine flat under the rear mattress and they take seconds to put in the inside of the windows and seconds to take out again. They offer instant easy privacy and with external wind deflectors fitted I can have the windows open a bit for ventilation. If I want insulation then I use internal silver screens which take up more space when not in use.
Geoff

I use brandrup internal isolite extreme for the side windows (internal) and a Brandrup isolite external for the windscreen.

They all stash flat in the roof, and mean I can open and close the driver and passenger doors easily, unlike the external windscreen and door all in one designs often popular.

Back