Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

screws to fix lid for fridge - VW Cali T5 2007

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
I am looking for some screws to fix the lid of the fridge - VW California T5 2007. I mean the screws as in the picture in attach.
It seems difficult to buy them, so does anybody know where I can order these?

Thank you!

Bart

Schermafdruk van 2019-06-21 12-48-39.png

It doesn't look like these are generally available individually. See part 32 in the picture. It's part of a kit for fixing the gas struts. Part number for the kit is 7H7098385A. Your local dealership should be able to supply the kit. Or, depending where you're based I found this on eBay.

Ok Thank you. It's such annoying; I need to buy at least four of these expensive kits only to obtain four "stand off spacers"...

Ok Thank you. It's such annoying; I need to buy at least four of these expensive kits only to obtain four "stand off spacers"...

Have you got any to take measurements from? If you did there’s a chance you could source just the ‘spacer’. Google throws up lots of options of varying lengths, finishes and thread dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have one, but would not know how to measure correctly?

I do have one, but would not know how to measure correctly?

That’s a start. You’ll need to measure the dimension between the opposite flat sides (A) - that’s the size spanner/socket you use to fit it. The length of the solid part (B) - top to screw thread, this will be the stand off measurement. The diameter of the thread (C)- this could be a bit hit and miss using a ruler but you’ll get somewhere close - usually full millimetre measurements. The length of the thread (D)
782d4571f7f2c50494ce8d6588843554.jpg
could be useful too. After that see where Google takes you and see if there’s anything that comes close.

They might not be brass. Worth noting once you start the hunt. Plenty available via eBay, Google etc.

Those ones are brass.
But just to show a rough price, like you say lots about, no use paying silly money.

Those ones are brass.
But just to show a rough price, like you say lots about, no use paying silly money.

Agreed. Certainly cheaper than buying multiple kits from VW and only using one part out of each.

OK, thank you! I'll do the search and see what I can find!

I understand. Maybe the ones I showed are not the original - we bought the Cali second hand. But they should fix, I guess.

I understand. Maybe the ones I showed are not the original - we bought the Cali second hand. But they should fix, I guess.
The only problem you might have is if the screws were replaced and didn't have the correct thread then they might have damaged the receiving thread and you might have to replace the hinge as well. Hopefully that is not the case.

Back