Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat cover blankets!

O

oliver100

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Just picked up our t6.1 ocean and love it, been looking at seat covers options for a while but really don't want to cover up the existing interior all the time. We have a 2 and 6 year old so definitely need something when camping, but probably not day to day. We are currently using random blankets when camping but they obviously they don't stay in place and look pretty crappy. I have been looking round in the hope of finding semi tailored covers / blankets specifically for the California that I can just chuck on when we camp then easily remove when we are using it day to day. Not bothered about head rest / arm covers just protecting the main part of the seats from milk etc. whilst still looking alright while camping. Options I have considered so fa....
  • Inka / any other waterproofs - full protection, but look pretty industrial and a slippy I guess (how quick are they to fit and remove)
  • Inka fabric / Any other tailored - not sure on colour/fabric options on the ones I have seen, plus not seen any for new t6.1 seats with extra pockets. Pain to fit/remove to wash
  • Brandrup second skin - Can get matching fabric which is appealing but expensive and I would probably be as precious about them as the actual seat material underneath with the cost of them
  • Jackyards - The kind of thing I was thinking of but crazy expensive, I would still have to think twice at half the cost. Not a dig at the company I'm sure they are nicely made I was just shocked at the price.
Anyone got any suggestions or do i just need to suck it up and go for one of the above options?

Cheers

Olly

With kids I'd go with inkas on the rear seats easy to hoover and wipe. I know from experience!
Looking at your last picture were you in clumber Park yesterday?

Jackyards - The kind of thing I was thinking of but crazy expensive, I would still have to think twice at half the cost. Not a dig at the company I'm sure they are nicely made I was just shocked at the price.

We have Jackyards and yes expensive however they are as good as new and we got ours in 2012 and our vans have been daily drive.

Thanks for the input, the Inka waterproofs get your vote then? Yeh stopped on the way home for some lunch before heading home.

We have Jackyards and yes expensive however they are as good as new and we got our in 2012 and our vans have been daily drive.
How easy are they to fit / remove out of interest?

Just picked up our t6.1 ocean and love it, been looking at seat covers options for a while but really don't want to cover up the existing interior all the time. We have a 2 and 6 year old so definitely need something when camping, but probably not day to day. We are currently using random blankets when camping but they obviously they don't stay in place and look pretty crappy. I have been looking round in the hope of finding semi tailored covers / blankets specifically for the California that I can just chuck on when we camp then easily remove when we are using it day to day. Not bothered about head rest / arm covers just protecting the main part of the seats from milk etc. whilst still looking alright while camping. Options I have considered so fa....
  • Inka / any other waterproofs - full protection, but look pretty industrial and a slippy I guess (how quick are they to fit and remove)
  • Inka fabric / Any other tailored - not sure on colour/fabric options on the ones I have seen, plus not seen any for new t6.1 seats with extra pockets. Pain to fit/remove to wash
  • Brandrup second skin - Can get matching fabric which is appealing but expensive and I would probably be as precious about them as the actual seat material underneath with the cost of them
  • Jackyards - The kind of thing I was thinking of but crazy expensive, I would still have to think twice at half the cost. Not a dig at the company I'm sure they are nicely made I was just shocked at the price.
Anyone got any suggestions or do i just need to suck it up and go for one of the above options?

Cheers

Olly
Large blanket and cut and hem 2 slits to fit over the headrests and then just tuck in on the seat base/backrest. Get 2 or 3 made up.

Large blanket and cut and hem 2 slits to fit over the headrests and then just tuck in on the seat base/backrest. Get 2 or 3 made up.
Your right I might have to break out the sewing kit and scissors, just surprised there isn't a commercially available option for what would seem like a good solutions to most peoples seat cover issues when camping. Maybe I can make my first million with this one :D

As WelshGas suggests but with a waterproof backed picnic blanket. Lots of choice. Most will need folding to fit (if you cut them, they frey).

How easy are they to fit / remove out of interest?
Back in 2012, we drove down to them and Denise fitted them, very simple. we take them off for a wash a couple of times a year.

Back in 2012, we drove down to them and Denise fitted them, very simple. we take them off for a wash a couple of times a year.
thanks, they are the closets thing to what I'm looking for its just the £828 I cant quite come to terms with yet!

Our children are 6 & 8. We wanted to keep the original look so sucked it up and went for the Brandrup second skins. You can barely tell the difference, amazing fit. Only one 2 night trip so far so not sure how easily they wash, but we needed covers!

sounds like we are in the same boat as it were! My only concern is im not sure if the kids would get any less of a bollocking for dropping stuff on the seconds skins with how nice they are! Have got them in the front and back?

Cheers

Olly
75097451-1583-4910-A897-54F01D9AF42F.png
I use this, but I do have a dog and not young kids. Very cheap and easy to remove.
You can access the seat belt clips too, with it fitted.

sounds like we are in the same boat as it were! My only concern is im not sure if the kids would get any less of a bollocking for dropping stuff on the seconds skins with how nice they are! Have got them in the front and back?
Yes, we have got front and back. I think if we still had a 2 year old I would be going for something more waterproof/practical than the Brandrup. Very nice, but just the same fabric.

Drove past you on our way home after cycling around clumber.
Inkas are good and easy to get on and off. Not the best looking covers, compared to the jack yards, but most practical with kids.

Ahh that makes sense, thought you had a keen eye to work out where we were from that picture :D

Had a chat with the security bloke before we parked up and let him know we were not taking the wee wee by staying for the for the night or anything.

I think you are right that inkas probably the best call currently.

This may help
IMG_20200719_142150.jpg
Zip up pull off. Rear the same, you just pull out some tubes that hold them in place between the base and back.

Cheers

Olly
We have Inka covers. Looks like a builders van but very practical. I am the opposite and after 4 years feel like taking them off the front seats to cheer the van up a bit internally. Didn’t have anything on last conversion and seats cleaned up fine always.
I don’t get paying £00’s for covers. A good car valet would get them clean in a few years time for a fraction of the cost. Although my children would test my patience no doubt If they started tipping stuff all the time.