Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat cover confusion, please help

SteveW

SteveW

VIP Member
Hi all, I’m hoping for some guidance. we have a 2012 SE and have had waterproof inka seat covers fitted from new. I’m looking to get new covers now but it’s seems far from straight forwards. I like the look of the inka lifestyle second skin ones and also the GTI ones in club shop but, warnings when you go to order on both saying they won’t fit my 2012 se rear seats. I’ve seen that the front headrests are now smaller ( ie GTI ones say order alternate size headrest but never in stock bet then go on to say the rear seat won’t fit at all ) Is it just the headrests that’s won’t fit on both front and rear or are the entire rear seats deferents sizes ? I looked last year but lost the will to live trying to find out what to order. I would really appreciate advice on what the actual difference is fit wise, what will fit and where to order from ( mix n match maybe ) . It shouldn’t be this hard to get a nice set of covers for pre 2014 models, there must be enough of a demand for them

As you say it yourself , the headrests are the difference , front and rear.
Try @CampervanBits , sure they will get you some covers that fit .

yes just the headrests are different larger from mid 2014

As you say it yourself , the headrests are the difference , front and rear.
Try @CampervanBits , sure they will get you some covers that fit .
Thanks for the info, do you know if the back seat cover will fit apart from the headrests ? As I could poss live with miss matched headrests or get the altered. Or will the actual rear seat cover not fit due to different rear headrest mounting positions and working mechanisms? Think I could fit new covers and just leave the old headrest covers on. Cheers S

The backrest wil fit , it's the shape of the headrest itself nothing to do with the position or mechanism.

yes the covers are the same apart from the headrests