Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

seat cover question

K

keemjay

VIP Member
needing to buy some seat covers asap as off on hols on the 8th with 2 small grubby people..
I see the Inca covers seem very popular..just want to check before i purchase..is the material a bit sweaty in hot weather or is it nice and breathable..i cant bear that sweaty legs feeling :cry:

many thanks
Kim

I have had the inka seat covers from new in 2010 never had a problem with them, nice and comfy without getting sweaty . They have kept my seats in pristine condition.

The Brandrup one are also amazing. The price is completely insane but the product is really great. Fits like a glove, fabric is exactely the same as VW's original, they've added a zip pocket in the back of the rear seats cover and also one in each front seat cover to access the original pockets. They are also certified to work with the Airbags.

We have the VW ones (not sure who makes them?!) then an Inka for the rear mattress. All very good and completely ESSENTIAL with kids!

I left the drivers seat one off when I picked it up new (drove it 350 miles home from Preston) thinking it would be sweaty but it's totally fine - we got them bunged in FOC along with a few other bits and bobs. Can't remember the cost of the rear cover but it wasn't bad.

I have the Inka seat covers in black, they are great value and do the job.... they are a little slippy and I reckon will be sweaty on a hot day.

The OEM ones appear to be identical, other than the tab with the VW logo.

many thanks people..only trouble with Brandrup ones is they dont come in the colour we have which is the plain/royal blue block of colour in the centre of the seat ..where the newer ones are striped...
seems to be only one vote for sweatiness so far on the Incas..so am inclined to go with them..but i'm also a little concerned about the kids booster seats slipping about on them..any experience with this?
Kim

i have had inka

i also have brandrup

both good and will do the job , obviously you get what you pay for , i now use brandrup

keemjay said:
many thanks people..only trouble with Brandrup ones is they dont come in the colour we have which is the plain/royal blue block of colour in the centre of the seat ..where the newer ones are striped...
seems to be only one vote for sweatiness so far on the Incas..so am inclined to go with them..but i'm also a little concerned about the kids booster seats slipping about on them..any experience with this?
Kim

We have a normal child seat (for a two year old) and a booster (for a four year old) on our covers with no issues at all. I've yet to see a downside in them!

Back