Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers

S

syrup1971

VIP Member
Anyone found any good seat covers for the Beach, especially the 3 seat rear bench?

The official Brandrup ones look good, but at around £1000 for a complete set for the 7 seater, are making me think twice (probably actually 3,4,5 times). That said £1K spent now, which keeps the seats clean may be a good investment at re-sale time, especially given a 5 & 8 year old boy, who think everything is a climbing frame & toy!

Chris

One of the other members suggested Inka to me. Apparently they make the VW stuff.

We got the front seat covers from inka and are very impressed with them. They haven't made the three seat rear ones yet, however, they are currently working out the measurements etc and expect to have them in soon. I sent them a picture of our beach for them to see the seatbelt positions etc. If you phone them, they will allow you to buy just the front seat covers, until the rear ones are ready.

Once they've confirmed when the rear ones are ready - I'll post it on here!

BikerBoy said:
One of the other members suggested Inka to me. Apparently they make the VW stuff.

i have inka covers in my vw caddy and they where £39 delivered to me. They came in a bag with VW fitting instructions and i'm told they come from the same factory and even the tags are in the same place same size just with inka on them and not vw ..

They are great covers and good value for money and fit well. :thumb

A friend with a cali recommended them to me & it's best to call them and tell them what you have and want. :thumb

Kimmhu said:
We got the front seat covers from inka and are very impressed with them. They haven't made the three seat rear ones yet, however, they are currently working out the measurements etc and expect to have them in soon. I sent them a picture of our beach for them to see the seatbelt positions etc. If you phone them, they will allow you to buy just the front seat covers, until the rear ones are ready.

It's probably worth Discussing the Caravelle 3 seat cover, i believe it's the same dimensions as 3seat bench in Beach.

The beach does seem to be very much a Caravelle with a pop up roof than a California without a kitchen.

After our first trip away in the van and with having a young child I don't think I'd want to be without seat covers.

We have them as part of the Berghaus pack however from what I can see these are simply the OEM VW Commercial Vehicle covers with the headrest ones embroidered with the Berghaus logo.

Kimmhu said:

Any update on these?

Cheers,

Chris

Sorry - I haven't been on for a while. I spoke to inka about the caravelle covers - they said they wouldnt fit the beach - especially when trying to convert it into a bed.
however, they are still working on the new covers and are expecting them to be ready in the next 4 weeks. Theyve added us to the waiting list and said they'd let me know as soon as they're available. So as soon as I hear I'll post it on here.

I have to say the front covers are brilliant & we wouldn't be without them...

Hi from the Lake district - and my first post. We just bought INKA seat covers after our first outing in our new (new to us) cali, 3 weeks ago. I emptied things out of the fridge onto the rear seat and realised we needed covers! We saw them recommended on the forum and we couldnt be more pleased - excellent price, fast delivery and good fit.

inka "expecting the 3 seat bench cover to be ready in the next 4 weeks" - any news?

Each time I phone them they say 4 more weeks. So you prompted me to phone them again tonight and they promised to phone me back within 10 mins, but that was 5 hours ago! But I'll try again tomorrow and keep you posted!

Waldo said:
inka "expecting the 3 seat bench cover to be ready in the next 4 weeks" - any news?

I let them have my rear triple Caravelle seat for three weeks just before Christmas, so they are starting production of black and grey covers in Jan. I'm waiting for the "beige" ones to match leather in the van; which I was told is going to be early Feb.

Shouldn't be long to wait now.

I think the Inka covers...if the same as the VW vinyl rain ones may be more waterproof etc. but I have just bought the Brandup ones for my Comfortline and they are 'the dogs'! :lol: :lol: They really are, and the fit and quality is just equal to the original seats, which I personally really like. They just ooze quality and although silly prices, SMG VW on here will do a good price I am sure! I am not regretting them and the other half that thought they were just stupidly priced, now loves them too! Take the hit if you can and get the Brandup covers! :cool

Waldo wrote:

They phoned me back & confirmed they're going into production shortly & if I phone back in 2 weeks I should be able to order them then.

Ill keep you posted :)

There is a German site with reasonably priced seat covers (sitzbezüge) for all VW T5s and earlier models. I have ordered a set for my T5 Cali for 229 Euro - will know more when they arrive (i.e. if they are any good) - delivery time is quoted as 2-3 weeks ( to Germany).
http://www.ezone-shop.de - search for vw t5 sitzbezüge.

We bought Inka covers for our Cali in October this year after buying a 2nd hand (60) and realising that one outing with the dog and 8yr old was going to wreck the seats. Really pleased with them.

I think overall the inka seat covers are great ..they are cheap, do their job perfectly ,fit as well as they could and look pretty good as well ..... :thumb

These are available for the beach now, just had delivered and fitted and very happy. 2 front seats and rear 3 seat bench (not available on middle row seats yet though). They sent the wrong ones first but soon sorted. Recommended.

On a similar subject though would like some sort of boot protector for the beach.... I'm thinking kids bikes, trips to the tip etc. Ideally something with sides rather than just rubber mat. Anyone come up with anything so far?

dalzios said:
On a similar subject though would like some sort of boot protector for the beach.... I'm thinking kids bikes, trips to the tip etc. Ideally something with sides rather than just rubber mat. Anyone come up with anything so far?

Will need a browser that translates like google chrome

http:/california-camping.de

Might have something here :)

James

We've just bought a set of covers from Jackyard who a partner supplier - I think. They are really good. At just under £400 - with the VIP discount - they are a bit pricey but the quality seems very good indeed. The design seems to have been cleverly thought through with heavy duty zips giving access to seat belts when on the move and a strap anchoring arrangement which is keeping them firmly in place - so far. The material used is very serious stuff and has loads of colourway choices.

Just one issue if ordering them - important to mention the need for slots to allow for the air bags on the front seats. We're just waiting for a modified pair to be delivered.

We're very pleased with them.

That's great I would love to see pictures please phil :thumb

philcod said:
We've just bought a set of covers from Jackyard who a partner supplier - I think. They are really good. At just under £400 - with the VIP discount - they are a bit pricey but the quality seems very good indeed. The design seems to have been cleverly thought through with heavy duty zips giving access to seat belts when on the move and a strap anchoring arrangement which is keeping them firmly in place - so far. The material used is very serious stuff and has loads of colourway choices.

Just one issue if ordering them - important to mention the need for slots to allow for the air bags on the front seats. We're just waiting for a modified pair to be delivered.

We're very pleased with them.

Interested to see your post on Jackyard seat covers _ can you give us their phone number or website address please and are you still pleased with your purchase of these covers :thanks