Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat Covers

L

logyk

VIP Member
I am considering the options for my new cali (delivery at end of August).

I see that the Inka seat covers are popular with a number of members.

These are marketed as waterproof. I am wondering what the comfort levels are like during long journeys in hot weather , wearing shorts for example.

Any feedback from users ?

:thanks

Had them for a couple of years and don't even notice them when sitting down, possibly a bit cooler
Wouldn't be without them with cloth upholstery (might get leather seats next time)

Cheap well fitted look good for covers and they do what it's says on the pack :)

Thanks for the responses guys .

I was worried they might make for a sweaty ride in warmer climes - it would appear not !

logyk said:

I was worried they might make for a sweaty ride in warmer climes - it would appear not !
Hopefully your have air-con to assist with this ,but I wear shorts with wellies or flip flops all year round :)

choplee said:
logyk said:

Hopefully your have air-con to assist with this ,but I wear shorts with wellies or flip flops all year round :)

Chop Lee, the mind boggles!

DavidofHook said:
choplee said:
logyk said:

Chop Lee, the mind boggles!

I've got to be slightly different I suppose ...lol lol
It's the lounge pants with the wellies when camping seems to be a favourite ..... Pmsl :)

Brandrup , fits like a glove and come in the same colors as orginal seats...zipper on the back for acces to the pocket...can't see the difrence.
Was one of the first things i puschased after picking up my new Cali .
We always take our dog with us so no seat covers was not an option....

hotel california T5 said:
Brandrup , fits like a glove and come in the same colors as orginal seats...zipper on the back for acces to the pocket...can't see the difrence.
Was one of the first things i puschased after picking up my new Cali .
We always take our dog with us so no seat covers was not an option....
Yep, we did the same, you can't tell that there are seat covers on.
Price brought tears to the eyes but worth it.

I asked the exact same question recently about sweatiness!
we got the ones off Amazon mentioned in the previous post and have just returned from 2 weeks in France, where we had the odd bit of hot weather. I did notice a 'hint' of sweaty leg syndrome one day but it was a very hot day and it was only a momentary thought which flitted in and out of my mind..it certainly wasnt enough to regret the purchase.if money was no option I'd go for the Brandrup ones but for £84 i think its was a good decision

Kim

I think pound for pound the Inka ones are fantastic value I have had mine nearly two years and they have been in the wash several times and still look the same. I have now upgraded to the Brandrup ones but still end up covering them up with the inka :laugh2 :laugh2

i meant to add we have 2 grubby kids and the relief at not having to worry about what mess was being smeared about was priceless..i wasnt sure about getting seat covers as i rather liked the blue fabric on ours but i am SO glad we did..

Kim

Hi,
We have just purchased the Inka covers and imported them to New Zealand. For the price they are excellent and do not detract from the California experience in any way. Peace of mind when we are away with our 4 legged pal.

It's nice to know that they can be sent to nz. I find they are great if you have a dog :thumb
Easy to fit and wash

Back