Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat re-upholstery, where's best to go?

T6 Tom

T6 Tom

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi,

I am thinking of getting my T6 Ocean seats re-upholstered (my 2 and 4 year olds already ruined the standard ones) but most things I find on internet are transporter conversions. Can anyone recommend somewhere that does nice bespoke leather front and back seats for a Cali and if so some pics would be nice.....

Is there any issues with doing this with heated seats??

Cheers
Tom

Just make sure they have airbag capabilities if you get a retrim so the airbags go off in a crash

This is something I'm interested in too. There are a few existing threads which mention Transcal, DK Schewizer, Customvanz.

I found a website for Seat Surgeons in York which looks quite good - interested to know if anyone has used them?

I had mine done by Transcal 01506 440111 www.transcal.co.uk . Fab result. It was £1405 in 2011. I went to Livingston but think they also have a Bristol branch.

Last edited:
894422e4045c8b86b3b7ecf96b40aa47.jpg

d725c040833cc19a3b897785c4d85465.jpg

ff220697d3215653ccf05371239f441e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

That looks very smart. I have something similar in mind but possibly with red highlights instead of the white/light grey. (My Cali will be red).

Hi,

I am thinking of getting my T6 Ocean seats re-upholstered (my 2 and 4 year olds already ruined the standard ones) but most things I find on internet are transporter conversions. Can anyone recommend somewhere that does nice bespoke leather front and back seats for a Cali and if so some pics would be nice.....

Is there any issues with doing this with heated seats??

Cheers
Tom
Wife's EOS has heated leather seats as did a Discovery 4 that I had and never found a problem caused by the heating function.
Sun on leather is more of a problem though. Leather is more of a British trend.

This is something I'm interested in too. There are a few existing threads which mention Transcal, DK Schewizer, Customvanz.

I found a website for Seat Surgeons in York which looks quite good - interested to know if anyone has used them?

I can recommend seat surgeons york...have an old merc slk and they retrimmed in leather plus matching door cards collected from our home and returned and fitted at our home...no problems with electrically adjustable seats...heated seats...side air bags....very reasonable price....fabulous quality and service

Our last van had this done before we got it. Seemed nice, but when fitting a tow bar, it became obvious that the fitter had chopped through cabling under the seats rather than unplugging etc.... caused real problems and expense and a problem with the warranty... BE VERY CAREFUL

Back