Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seats in the T6 Ocean

T

TomC

Guest User
Random question which I couldn't find the answer to on the search forums option. Does anyone know if the seats in the T6 Ocean are identical in size/shape to the seats in the T5? I know the cloth finishes are different but otherwise are they the same seat? I am about to have them upholstered in leather and if identical they can be done in a day as the company will use the templates from the T5. If not will take around a week to custom make.

I love the van but the stock cloth upholstery just isn't for an outdoor pursuits vehicle so no idea why VW chose this. It shows every minute speck and stain in 3D technicolour as did the carpets before I added the QTM rugs recommended on here which are brilliant. Considered some of the seat cover options but some of the better looking ones are within a hairs breadth of what it will cost to have the 5 seats in full easy maintenance leather which seems crazy.

Thanks in advance for any info. T

TomC not sure if it helps, but I have the 'old' (ordered last Sept when I ordered the T6) waterproof seat covers fitted and they fit snugly. The one difference being the headrests don't fit properly (T6 must be bigger / taller as the velcro fastening doesn't close so they just hang loose).

Alison many thanks. If the headrests are different it will mean they will have to custom make them which is fine but just means they would have the van longer. T

Also on the seat covers - to be absolutely sure - Nick at Comfortz who provides seat covers can probably say definitively if they are the same as he sells covers for T5 and T6 -send him an email or PM and he'll get back you pretty quick

Random question which I couldn't find the answer to on the search forums option. Does anyone know if the seats in the T6 Ocean are identical in size/shape to the seats in the T5? I know the cloth finishes are different but otherwise are they the same seat? I am about to have them upholstered in leather and if identical they can be done in a day as the company will use the templates from the T5. If not will take around a week to custom make.

I love the van but the stock cloth upholstery just isn't for an outdoor pursuits vehicle so no idea why VW chose this. It shows every minute speck and stain in 3D technicolour as did the carpets before I added the QTM rugs recommended on here which are brilliant. Considered some of the seat cover options but some of the better looking ones are within a hairs breadth of what it will cost to have the 5 seats in full easy maintenance leather which seems crazy.

Hi Tom, I cant give a definitive answer regarding the seats and how they differ however I made an enquiry about Alcantara seat covers for the T6 from Uli at California camping de, (forum VIP partner) they did a fit test of T5 seat covers on a T6 and no adjustments were needed, they fit the same.

JP thanks for the confirmation now to get the leather ordered. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with your comments regarding the upholstery - which company are you speaking to regarding the leather?

Hi yes the seats are the same as a 2010 onwards California apart from the front headrests they were introduced late 2014
Hope this helps

I totally agree with your comments regarding the upholstery - which company are you speaking to regarding the leather?
DK Schweizer based out of Colchester. I will post some pictures when completed on 14th April.

So seats have been done and I now have a wipe clean child friendly interior. I also think it looks way better than the factory cloth. Image1460820859.801248.jpgImage1460820872.117650.jpgImage1460820885.301412.jpg

Still find it very strange that full leather is not a factory option on a camper.

Tom would you mind sharing how much this cost? No worries if not :)

Not a bad price when you consider how much some seat covers cost. I'm going to live with the factory seats for a while with no covers and then treat myself to a leather retrim at a later date :)

Hi tom,

What company did you use? They look good.

BigTed DK Schweizer based in Colchester. They do work for many of the VW dealerships though I went direct. Great people to deal with.

I'm near Bishops Stortford. They collected and returned it. Only an hour away.

They look amazing Tom. I've just ordered my first van and am looking to cover in leather - do you know how much m3 of leather they used by any chance, as would help with costing?

Pete sorry I've no idea but most companies will take care of the calculations for you. The company I used already had a standard template they worked from. Enjoy the van and leather is a no brainer. Very glad I put it in. Tom

Back