Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Second awning

David Jones

David Jones

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I know this might sound daft to some but I am considering the option of adding a second wind out awning to the passenger side. I want to use the van for motorsport and keep the primary awning for "living" and the secondary one as a shelter for all the mechanics stuff, tolls/spares etc Has anyone done this? I've only been viewing my Cali in the dealers thus far, as I am waiting for a 15 plate, but noticed that the awning groove mounting system seems to be on both sides. Any help/comments appreciated?
Regards
David

I have not done this but I do not see it as a problem. The T5 conversions often have it on that side. Of course you can also use alternatives, such as a clear plastic tarpaulin adapted to fit in the awning rail with poles and guy lines and made to the size you need. OK on grass not so good on Tarmac in which case a wind out awning Is the only real option.

The brackets for the Thule Omnistor awning on the Cali also bolt to the frame of the roof. I don't think these mounts are on the near side frame, happy to be corrected on this.

If so, you would need to use a different bracket that only bolts to the rail.
I am sure Hill View Awnings will be able to advise you.
https://hillviewawnings.co.uk/

Alternatively you could look at the Fiamma F45 range.

Alan

I don't doubt they can be fitted to the off side but as above the awnings are not attached to these rails, they are bolted through them into the roof

I want a picture - it will look like a flying cali! WINGS!

Back