Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Secure connection to the floor rails

Rhyddin

Rhyddin

A T6 Beach, named Dory
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I fancy building something that would need securing to the rail system in the floor for added stability.

Does anyone know if/where you can buy adaptors or bolts that secure into the rail but can be moved, much like on the Beach's Multiflex board?

Thanks.

There are existing treads on those , try using the seach function , you can make them yourself if your handy ...
Think some tie down bikes , kitchenpods, dogcages ,...anything is possible.
If you not make them yourself i think to look at company's doing builder van interieurs...

Put off by the expense of these sort of things even on fleabay, I have made a variety of them - all work well.
Busy day today, but I'll photo them and try to do some instructions over the next few days...

I bought some lashing loops off ebay a few months back. They consist of a threaded T bar and metal loops that screw down onto the T bar. The T part fits inside the rail and can be positioned where you want.
They were from Germany and not particularly cheap, for what they are, but are well made. The loops are big enough to get a couple of bungee hooks a rachet hook through.

I fancy building something that would need securing to the rail system in the floor for added stability.

Does anyone know if/where you can buy adaptors or bolts that secure into the rail but can be moved, much like on the Beach's Multiflex board?

Thanks.

Seems plenty to chose from....:D

It would appear so! Thanks all.

As promised.

Three home made fixings.

Top - cut from 3mm plate, slots in to rail, turn through 90degrees, bottom catches in notches on rail, loop strap through slot for really firm front to back strapping.

Middle - used as a pair with brackets to fix dog cage to rail.
Made up of 60mm M6 stainless steel bolt (screwfix £1.99 for 10) with 40m barrel bolt/dowel (larger version of the ones you find in flat pack furniture) eBay, a large washer, spring and a knurled knob (eBay again)

Bottom - similar to above with tie down eye (eBay) to loop bungee.

They all work, and cost very little.

Last edited:
Thanks Stoneybroke. You don't happen to have the specific links to ebay do you?

Thanks Stoneybroke. You don't happen to have the specific links to ebay do you?
I can't be sure these are the people I ordered from as it was last summer and I can't find the order history, but these are the sort of thing.

Cross dowel nut M6 40m
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-x-40mm...re-Hole-for-furniture-Beds-Cots-/222031886589

Knob nuts ;) yes that is the search term!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-Female...546585?hash=item1c59caca59:g:l6QAAOSwnipWaehc

Lashing eyes
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-M8-M10...hash=item1c55be726e:m:mpNxSCiCaU8ZcKOtRDK5M1g

You may be able to get them in other places which may be cheaper.

The mark 1 version of the knob clamp has a slot cut in the top of the bolt so you can see the orientation of the bar in the rail. The mark 2 version (yet to be prototyped) will have a 60mm bolt and a wing nut fixed to the top for the same purpose.

Thank you. Knob nuts - Hope google hasn't picked up the search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this thread is old, and that there are some nice folding lashing eyes in the shop, but I just designed and 3D printed my own solution for this and posted it on thingiverse.