Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spongy Floor in rear by back bench

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I know the front between the drivers and passenger has a spongy area. but there is also spongy spot in the rear living area floor. The spot I refer to is directly where you feet would be when sitting in the back, the area is between the rail nearest the kitchen area and the middle rail (3 rail in van)
Wondering if anyone else has this or experienced it? I can see and feel the floor flexing as I put stand between the rails. Feels like nothing is supporting except the flexing plastic

I might be imagining this but I don’t think it was like till recently, feel I would have noticed this before. I did take a load of stuff piled high in the back and wonder if I might have broken something underneath the floor.

I know the front between the drivers and passenger has a spongy area. but there is also spongy spot in the rear living area floor. The spot I refer to is directly where you feet would be when sitting in the back, the area is between the rail nearest the kitchen area and the middle rail (3 rail in van)
Wondering if anyone else has this or experienced it? I can see and feel the floor flexing as I put stand between the rails. Feels like nothing is supporting except the flexing plastic

I might be imagining this but I don’t think it was like till recently, feel I would have noticed this before. I did take a load of stuff piled high in the back and wonder if I might have broken something underneath the floor.
Hey, did you ever solve this? I've found a soft area on the flooring in the rear of our 6.1 about 30cm in from the side step and about 20cm from the bench seat base (between the rails). Just wondering if we missed this when we picked it up 10 months ago, or if something has moved.

I think the board under the floor has cracked but looking at how the floor is without the board it felt to me there is no danger of going through it, its just flexing into the cavity below, as the board will rest of the ridges (see below) removing the board would require a complete removal of the kitchen, so not worth fixing

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 13.33.50.png

Back