Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seeking Westfalia Front Control Unit - HELP!

Caligrycho

Caligrycho

VIP Member
Hello you all.. I am in desperat need of a working Front Control Unit for Cali T4 - The Control Unit number is 62 236 001 and has a number under the plug 506 603 - Can anyone tell me where I can buy a new one - Anywhere in Europe??
Help would be much appreciated..

Regards Caligrycho

Have you tried VW? eBay?

There was a guy breaking a t4 Westy afew months ago. I got some stuff off him and have his number.
PM me and i'll pass it on to you, he may still have one.

s.

i all - Thanks for your replies to my seeking..

The result became like this.. I ended up finding out that the Control unit that I bought from Günzl Classic Parts in Germany actually works - I paid 406.-€ and there is 4 small buttoms on the back of the unit that need to be worked in right position -(look on the back of the old one..)
I found out that this unit actually is made for Cali from 96 and forward..

I then cut the hole in the roof dashboard a little bit bigger aprox 8-9mm all around and now its fitting perfectly.. The new unit also have a clock so it was perhaps okay to cut..
At least I´ve got a brand new that I know works 100%..

A guy on ebay wanted 360.-€ for a used original fitting but he couldnt guarantee me that it worked 100%..

I also found another one on ebay for 100.-€ - He didnt know if it was working at all -
So all came to an end - finding out that the fridge sensor was broken.. Probably that was the problem in the first place.. Here is a link to open and print a test scheme and knowhow.. Its in German, use Google Translate..
http://www.westfaliat4.info/WestfaliaT4CompessorFridgeControlWM.pdf
And if you need a sensor just right to Jonny from Dometic in Luxemburg, the price is aprox 25.-€ with shipping.. Here is his mail and just inform him that you are in need of a sensor for a Cali fridge - Sparepart reference number 296.9711.01 mail: jonny.schildermans@dometic.lu

Can not post more than 6 URL´s (annoying) So I will just post the rest on second posting

I would like to say thank you to all who helped me in this matter..

1. All you guys in here!!
2. Samantha Wayne - Go Westy (USA) mail: samantha@gowesty.com
3. Steve Walker - Eastfalia (UK) mail: steve@eastfalia.com
4. Alex - Justkampers (UK) mail: sales@justkampers.co.uk
5. Groet Eelko - Poptop Campers (NL) mail: info@poptop.nl
6. Andrea Mamontow - Günzl Classic Parts (D) mail: info@vwbusshop.de
7. Jonny Schilderman - Dometic (LU) mail: jonny.schildermans@dometic.lu

I hope you all receive the best part of life!! THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP!!

Best Regards Caligrycho Denmark (DK) :cool

this is great info, I need a new sensor thermocouple for my fridge but drew a blank when trying to get the info for it. Many thanks for posting it all up.

Too late on this thread but I thought my head unit was faulty last year, as all sorts of weird display readings were coming up, and sent it off to a marine electrical firm (as Westfalia made/supplied boat electrics too) in Portsmouth who assessed the unit and could find no electrical or programming fault - all for free.

This meant that there was another type of fault in the system - which turned out to be a seized sink water pump.

Valuable intel there MrK.

Off topic but, what might your Kawasaki be?

S.

I had a ZXR 400 and a ZRX 1200, both sadly moved on since marriage and parenthood. Am in the market for a cheap KLR 650 though, as I fancy a bit of 'adventure' riding before I get too creaky...! You??

All a bit after my time I'm affraid.

I was thinking maybe a nice old 750H2 tripple 2 stroke. The one with the rubber chassis :lol:

S.

Californiaman said:
A kettle?

I think you may be confusing with the Suzook GT750 water cooled.
From memory these handled slightly better than the Kwak, more "cow on roller skates" than rubber chassis. Every bend was an adventure. :lol:

S.

LOL! Yeah, thats right. A little before my time too - although I did have a nice GT250A to razz around on my local airfield..

Sounds like fun.

Somewhere buried in the barn I have a full race kit spec RGV250 tuned for Avgas. ;)
Note to self - dig it out and go and scare myself silly on a track day. Perhaps not, I think the leathers have shrunk !

Anyway, control units, where were we?

S.

Too late on this thread but I thought my head unit was faulty last year, as all sorts of weird display readings were coming up, and sent it off to a marine electrical firm (as Westfalia made/supplied boat electrics too) in Portsmouth who assessed the unit and could find no electrical or programming fault - all for free.

This meant that there was another type of fault in the system - which turned out to be a seized sink water pump.

Hi MrK, I've got control panel issues, can you remember the name of the firm in portsmouth as I'm local. Cheers Simon

I believe Gunzl have them.

Thank sidepod, I was hoping for repair rather than big bucks as charger dead as well... Eek!

Thanks for that twentyonethirtyfive, I've messaged them.

Back