Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Self Levelling - Sonar Headlights.

Popthetop

Popthetop

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
So there I was, thinking until last weekend that our California was fitted with genuine HD headlights. No reason not to, we bought a few months ago with 5k on the clock from a non VW dealer, who would muck around with it in such a short space of time?

Well looks like the last owner did. I noticed the dipped beam was low, and guess what? The internal adjustment made no difference. I've rechecked - nothing happens.

So has anybody has any experience of these lights, if so does the adjustment work? Or I guess, the more sensible option is to remove and replace with OE lights. In which case I'm guessing normal T5.1 lights from the same vintage [2014] will be correct, i.e. doesn't necessarily need to be a Cali?

Thanks in advance, Lee.

First tell tail sign would be whether you have headlamp washers - factory fit HD lights have washers as standard.
If looking to buy standard light you need to be aware that even beach ones are different let alone the standard builders van. With the canbus wiring you really do need the right ones otherwise you will have problems getting the wiring to work, just look at the post about getting LED running lights to work as an example.

Nope they're definitely not factory lights, the manufacturer is 'Sonar'.

If you can post a photo of your head lights on here, we could tell you if they are standard or not.

Alan

Hi Alan, they're most definitely not standard lights - 100%.

Back