Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service schedule

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi, can someone let me know the service schedules for my 2019 2L Cali? I have been looking through all the manuals and can’t find any info and there is no service book as it’s all done online apparently.
Thanks in advance for any replies

The service schedule will generally be defined by the type of use it sees. This page is specific for the T6 Transporter but is applicable for a T6.1 Cali. Fill your boots.

Thanks mines a T6 so it’ll be exactly the same

So it looks like mine is due the DSG gear box change in the very near future and the cam belt too. Would you use a dealer for this work or a good independent?

So it looks like mine is due the DSG gear box change in the very near future and the cam belt too. Would you use a dealer for this work or a good independent?
A good independent is just as capable of performing these services. Nothing difficult here.

15 years ago the DSG unit was a rare breed and nobody knew what to do with them, but they're common now (both literally the VAG DSG and their equivalents from other manufacturers) that good independents will have got their heads around them by now. Possibly more so than main dealers who probably don't actually see as many vehicles over 3 years old as the independents do!

Routine periodic services are a great way to evaluate an independent. If they can get the basics right, it will give you confidence to take the Cali to them for more involved work. Establishing that rapport will give you confidence when future work is discussed.